Ready Player One (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:Good, means Nolan is doing something else... but what?!
Insomnia 2: Justice Never Sleeps

If he keeps to his usual pattern we'll know by the end of the year since it'll (hopefully) be a 2016 release.

Vader182 wrote:So this is Summer Wars?
Just finished reading the book. It's quite awesome. Got hooked onto it pretty soon and then couldn't put it down. It's like Dungeons and Dragons, if you've played it. It's a treasure quest in the virtual realms with the clues being 80s references - films, music, literature, video games, etc.

kanjisheik wrote:
Vader182 wrote:So this is Summer Wars?
Just finished reading the book. It's quite awesome. Got hooked onto it pretty soon and then couldn't put it down. It's like Dungeons and Dragons, if you've played it. It's a treasure quest in the virtual realms with the clues being 80s references - films, music, literature, video games, etc.
I haven't, but I'm familiar with the mechanics (thanks both to knowing people who play and Community ). And thanks, that clears things up. I question then, won't the stakes be extremely personal and therefore "small." I'd imagine it's a more lighthearted outting?

-Vader

The stakes aren't small because EVERYONE is looking for those easter eggs. Including a corporation that wants to win this and take over the Oasis.

Vader182 wrote:
kanjisheik wrote: Just finished reading the book. It's quite awesome. Got hooked onto it pretty soon and then couldn't put it down. It's like Dungeons and Dragons, if you've played it. It's a treasure quest in the virtual realms with the clues being 80s references - films, music, literature, video games, etc.
I haven't, but I'm familiar with the mechanics (thanks both to knowing people who play and Community ). And thanks, that clears things up. I question then, won't the stakes be extremely personal and therefore "small." I'd imagine it's a more lighthearted outting?
The stakes are extremely huge. Virtually the whole planet is participating in the quest and the antagonists are prepared to win at any cost. To reveal more would require spoilers unfortunately.

Not that I really care but apparently Spielberg has been picked to direct this movie based on a book, so scratch that one off the list of new nolan movies..im glad..id prefer a nolan original story.

Benzilla wrote:Not that I really care but apparently Spielberg has been picked to direct this movie based on a book, so scratch that one off the list of new nolan movies..im glad..id prefer a nolan original story.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 17&t=15930

Cilogy wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Good, means Nolan is doing something else... but what?!
Insomnia 2: Justice Never Sleeps
hahahahahaha love it

Official release date: December 15th, 2017