Star Wars Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
radewart wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:41 pm
I'm really surprised most of you don't have Attack of the Clones dead last. There's nothing I like in that film. It's not only a bad Star Wars movie, but just a bad movie overall.
It's enjoyable when you view the movie as one big trap that the heroes blunder into repeatedly. The battle at the end becomes more interesting when you approach it with the mindset of it happening at all is a catastrophic failure for the heroes.

My saga ranking:

ESB
TLJ
ANH
ROTS
TPM
TFA
ROTJ
AOTC
TROS

Attack of the Clones is probably my favorite of the prequel trilogy. It has the most to work with thematically, great character opportunities, and the plot structure works very well. Unfortunately the execution is mostly awful.

The prequel are so messy, it actually makes them great. AOTC is a tragic adolescent romance, a thriller, a spy movie, a war movie, TPM is also so many things at once. Lucas just doesn't follow any of the usual rules of writing, and just does so much its own thing, that I understand why so many dislike it, but I personally can watch any of the prequel anytime. If it wasn't SW, if it wasn't Lucas, I would throw them away, just saying they're dumb, but instead I'll rewatch them every two years. I guess in that sense TROS pays tribute to the prequel.
TFA is a much better film, by any metric, than the prequels but I just have no will to rewatch it since my second viewing.

Jedi
Sith
Empire
Awakens
Hope
Return
Clones
Phantom
Skywalker

ESB
ANH
ROTS
TFA
ROTJ
TLJ
TROS
TPM
AOTC

TPM
ANH
ESB
TROS
ROTJ
TFA
TLJ
ROTS
AOTC
i'm a different person than you are, probably

keith make this ranking your tinder profile

you are a wild man and dtf

-Vader

honestly a solid move

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
The Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones
Return of the Jedi
The Rise of Skywalker
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace

Something like that, but I don't think my ranking of the first four on this list will change.