Star Wars Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:The Phantom Menace:
-John Williams (all of it)
-Podracer sequence
-Darth Maul sequence
That's about it.
I second that.

McGregor in Sith is truly a great performance. One of the best performances in the entire series.

Allstar wrote:McGregor in Sith is truly a great performance. One of the best performances in the entire series.
Best part of the whole prequel trilogy. :clap:

-Another happy landing always brings smile to my face. I'm hoping 'hotshot pilot' Isaac can bring some of that energy to ST.

Allstar wrote:McGregor in Sith is truly a great performance. One of the best performances in the entire series.
Let's also not forget the invaluable Ian McDiarmid, who with even comparably minor roles in TPM and AOTC makes such flat lines like, "I love democracy. I love the Republic," absolutely delicious.

Jedisunscreen wrote:
Let's also not forget the invaluable Ian McDiarmid, who with even comparably minor roles in TPM and AOTC makes such flat lines like, "I love democracy. I love the Republic," absolutely delicious.
Fuck yes.

Jedisunscreen wrote:
:thumbup:

Lets not forget this genius delivery-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvTa1vxmY3M&t=2m42s

Jedisunscreen wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:TPM has the only Classic Star Wars moment of the prequels, IMO, the Maul dual.
The podrace is extraordinary. Easily the most visceral action sequence of the prequels, and possibly the entire saga.
Agreed. It's the closest Lucas got to his earlier trench run and it's very well edited.

McDiarmid in TPM is the best prequel performance for my money. As both characters.

I reckon a lot of the concepts and ideas in the prequels felt very much Star Wars, but it was the constant need to shove as much story-bullshit down everyone's throats that ruined each action set piece. Plus, the direction was terrible on Lucas' behalf, with people just standing around, talking and hardly doing anything exciting. Lucas had a flare for the bigger picture, but in the smallest of moments, it was completely unbearable.

I just don't want to hear the word 'Committee' in Star Wars ever again.

m4st4 wrote:I just don't want to hear the word 'Committee' in Star Wars ever again.
Or treaty.