Star Wars Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Speaking of prequels acceptance...

His "Star Wars" is very similar to my "Star Wars." And yet...the prequels still aren't good (with the exception of Sith). I'm not going to turn a blind eye to their faults simply because "they're not as bad as everyone says they are".

Knight_White/Dark wrote:Speaking of prequels acceptance...
That guy nailed it.£

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Neat!
Bacon wrote:His "Star Wars" is very similar to my "Star Wars." And yet...the prequels still aren't good (with the exception of Sith). I'm not going to turn a blind eye to their faults simply because "they're not as bad as everyone says they are".
Not the point he's making.

I know, and I agree with him. But I also feel like people have the ability to completely ignore the prequels if they wish and they're not any less of a fan for it. (I don't do that, I'm just saying people can).

Bacon wrote:I know, and I agree with him. But I also feel like people have the ability to completely ignore the prequels if they wish and they're not any less of a fan for it. (I don't do that, I'm just saying people can).
Sure you can; the guy's only saying that people shouldn't be denied access to them, or that they shouldn't be written out of history.

I'm kinda in the same boat, although I've always found AOTC to be utterly repugnant.

The Phantom Menace is the best looking Star Wars film not named The Empire Strikes Back.

ChristNolan wrote:The Phantom Menace is the best looking Star Wars film not named The Empire Strikes Back.
frankly yeah.

4 is understandably kinda rough, 6 looks straight up poor imo and 2 & 3 are sterile

ChristNolan wrote:The Phantom Menace is the best looking Star Wars film not named The Empire Strikes Back.
Yeah that battle at the end where the droids and gungans fight on the Windows 95 wallpaper looks great.