The Birth of a Nation (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hey Nolanfans one of our favourite actors Armie Hammer has a new movie in the works.
The Social Network‘s Armie Hammer has joined the cast of actor/director Nate Parker’s The Birth Of A Nation, a biopic of African-American slave turned revolutionary Nat Turner, who led a bloody rebellion in 1831 and went down in history as one of the most controversial American figures preceding the Civil War.
Parker broke out opposite Denzel Washington in 2007′s The Great Debaters and stars in this week’s Relativity release Beyond The Lights from director Gina Prince-Bythewood, makes his directorial debut with the historical drama, which he spent years scripting. He will also star in The Birth Of A Nation with Hammer, who’s playing Samuel Turner, the son of Nat’s first master Benjamin Turner.
http://deadline.com/2014/11/armie-hamme ... 201282544/
And because we all love Armie so much here is a mini gallery:

lol at the title of the film

I'm guessing the title of this isn't meant to be a homage to DW Griffith's classic and is more of a "fuck you racist" sort of title.

Can we have a thread about Griffith's film as well? Politics are one thing, but it's still kickass filmmaking.

The most WTF thread in history of NF? Here, I nominate... first I was confused by year (2016? What?)... then I started scrolling up...

Hammer.

Hammer.

Hammer.

Fuck that guy already. Wanna cuddle with him? Fine, won't make him a better actor.

m4st4 wrote:The most WTF thread in history of NF? Here, I nominate... first I was confused by year (2016? What?)... then I started scrolling up...

Hammer.

Hammer.

Hammer.

Fuck that guy already. Wanna cuddle with him? Fine, won't make him a better actor.

Hammer is a fine actor, he made quite an engaging lead in The Lone Ranger, but he's not as great as what Dodd is trying to make of him.

BlairCo wrote:Hammer is a fine actor, he made quite an engaging lead in The Lone Ranger, but he's not as great as what Dodd is trying to make of him.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is great. He just gets so much hate on NF that its funny, so I'm trying to pretty much be his hypeman in every thread he is associated with. :lol:

Dodd wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Hammer is a fine actor, he made quite an engaging lead in The Lone Ranger, but he's not as great as what Dodd is trying to make of him.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is great. He just gets so much hate on NF that its funny, so I'm trying to pretty much be his hypeman in every thread he is associated with. :lol:
Gee I wonder why. :roll:

If you want to 'hype' someone start by reducing the posterboy pictures, otherwise they clog my browser.

Eh, Josh Pence is better.