Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
8.5 at the moment. Top tier MCU film for sure.

Put me down as an 7.8/10. Positive.

My second and third viewing behind me. All in Imax. I must say, that my only issues with this movie are completely gone. First time I was a little distracted with so many characters, didn't think that my favorites have enough runtime, but it all changed. Everything is balanced in right way, even
Captain, Wanda, Vision storyline which I felt rushed first time
Anyway, this movie is better each time. How?

This film is basically just a series of vignettes interrupted by the occasional action scene, there are a billion plot holes, the characters get no significant development outside of Thanos but the movie's MacGuffin makes his plan stupid...there are 2 music cues that are nice and visually it's a bit more interesting than the average Marvel film but if I had to choose between this and GOTG or Thor Ragnarok this is the film I would definitely not go for. Less is more in this case and so the film feels overstuffed and overlong.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 12:26 pm
the characters get no significant development
Except for in previous 18 films, this movie is a sequel of.

Pratham wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 1:16 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 12:26 pm
the characters get no significant development
Except for in previous 18 films, this movie is a sequel of.
Sorry, but how is that a valid point? If the characters are on an upwards slope for 18 movies (or less, since not all of them were that good) and suddenly they halt for two and a half hours, surely the fact that they did not move in favor of a new character is a minus?

Every character had something going on, like the way they were interacting with old friends or with new acquaintances. IMO other than Black Panther, I don't think undeveloped is a word I'd use for any major player. Even then his relationship with Captain and Bucky builds on what happened in Civil War.

Pratham wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Every character had something going on, like the way they were interacting with old friends or with new acquaintances. IMO other than Black Panther, I don't think undeveloped is a word I'd use for any major player. Even then his relationship with Captain and Bucky builds on what happened in Civil War.
They brofist and then fight in the same battle along with dozens of other heroes? Hardly a character build, which is secondary to the next episodic action piece.

m4st4 wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 12:21 am
Pratham wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 2:40 pm
They brofist and then fight in the same battle along with dozens of other heroes? Hardly a character build, which is secondary to the next episodic action piece.
I think they do have development, but the difference between this movie and other movies is that the development is very much inferred. For example, Cap and the heroes on his side 'develop' because they're setting aside their differences and returning to the Avengers (physically externalized by their return to the Avengers complex), and this development can only be inferred if the audience has seen Civil War. It's the same thing with Vision who's grown more human, Thor who's lost his entire family, and arguably Black Panther who's grown less isolationist and Spider-Man who's grown more responsible.

£