Black Panther (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Ryan Coogler has passed on the project. Starting to think whatever the white people at Marvel have in mind for this movie isn't going over so well with the black directors they're courting.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Ryan Coogler has passed on the project. Starting to think whatever the white people at Marvel have in mind for this movie isn't going over so well with the black directors they're courting.
Well... what DuVernay was asking to do was FISCALLY INSANE AND DUMB. So fair enough.

What was she asking to do?

She wanted to make Tony Stark a racist.

ArmandFancypants wrote:She wanted to make Tony Stark a racist.
That would have been interesting.

Edit: can't find this anywhere. I think you're making this up.

I thought she wanted to make more of a point about him being black.

I don't remember reading anything specific about what the disagreements actually were.

SilverHeart wrote:I don't remember reading anything specific about what the disagreements actually were.
Pretty sure Armand's making crap up because of his irrational hatred towards DuVernay.

Allstar wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:I don't remember reading anything specific about what the disagreements actually were.
Pretty sure Armand's making crap up because of his irrational hatred towards DuVernay.
The hatred towards DuVernay is completely justified. She and her film got a pass from everyone, just because of the colour of her skin and the fact that she is a woman. Selma is simply a badly directed film.
Last edited by MyCocaine on November 10th, 2015, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.