Green Room (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Patrick Stewart has joined the cast of Jeremy Saulnier's crime thriller “Green Room,” which serves as the writer-director's follow-up to his acclaimed revenge movie “Blue Ruin,” TheWrap has learned.

Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots and Alia Shawkat star in “Green Room,” which follows a young punk rock band who find themselves trapped in a secluded venue after stumbling upon a horrific act of violence and fighting for their lives against a gang of white power skinheads intent on eliminating all witnesses.

Mark Webber and “Blue Ruin's” Macon Blair co-star alongside Joe Cole, Callum Turner, Kai Lennox and Eric Edelstein.

Stewart will play Darcy Banker, the unflinching and industrial leader of a ferocious white supremacist fiefdom based in the Pacific Northwest.

Broad Green Pictures is financing the film and producing with filmscience, whose Anish Savjani and Neil Kopp are producing with BGP's Victor Moyers. Gabriel and Daniel Hammond of Broad Green Pictures will executive produce with Vincent Savino of filmscience.

Production started this month in and around Portland, Oregon, and BGP plans to release the film in 2015.
http://www.thewrap.com/patrick-stewart- ... exclusive/

From what I hear, Poots is fantastic in this film.

This was a fucking ride. Really good. This year has been so great. More films should shoot in Oregon such a beautiful place.

In terms of 2016 contained thrillers aiming for tension and thrills, I'll certainly take this over 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Sad seeing Yelchin (hard not to think about it when watching), another very nice performance to his resume. R.I.P.

I preferred 10 Cloverfield Lane. I felt the main characters were pretty anemic (and that's before they start loosing blood ;) ) and boring. Patrick Stewart was good but not really menacing. I liked the film but unfortunately it didn't make me feel for any of the characters - whether it's dread or compassion, I just lacked it. The only emotional impact it left on me was the unfortunate Anton Yelchin factor, who was actually pretty good in this, because of how likable he can be, and yet it's not one of his best performances either.

I don't know... Maybe I had my hopes too high. But John Goodman > Patrick Stewart and 10 Clover > Green Room for me.

I'd give it a SOFT 7/10, maybe 6/10 because I really liked the premise of the film, the unpredictability of deaths and two decent performances by Stewart and Yelchin and a really solid performance by... (checks IMDB)... Macon Blair (the guy from Blue Ruin).