Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 8169
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse
Dragon_316ca wrote:Cara Delevingne for villain-role?

http://www.latino-review.com/news/uod9z ... 3va7zh7uth
Margot or Cara as harley Quinn, can't really decide. If i have to choose one it would be Cara, just as m4st4 mentioned, 'cause look into her eyes and tell me there's something in it.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55472
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Yeah. First of all, they need to SELL IT, and to do that they need someone recognizable to masses, a fan favorite if you like. Second she's 22, and she's supposed to be a villain? Gimme a break. Harley will be in this no matter what! :judge: :clap:

User avatar
Posts: 2626
Joined: January 2012
Jared Leto Eyed to Play The Joker in WB's ‘Suicide Squad’
Oscar winner Jared Leto is circling a key role in David Ayer‘s “Suicide Squad” that could prove to be The Joker, an individual familiar with the Warner Bros. project has told TheWrap.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Leto did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Tom Hardy, Will Smith and Margot Robbie are in various stages of discussions to star in “Suicide Squad,” which David Ayer is directing and Charles Roven is producing. Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his role as Superman's mortal foe Lex Luthor, though no casting is confirmed at this time.

Based on the DC Comic, “Suicide Squad” finds the government granting a group of supervillains a shot at redemption by sending them on a mission that will likely kill them all.

Leto won an Oscar earlier this year for his heartbreaking supporting performance in “Dallas Buyers Club” and while Hollywood has been eager to cast him, the actor hasn't settled on a follow-up project, though he has certainly earned the right to be selective.

Leto and his representatives had previously expressed interest in Marvel's “Doctor Strange,” though the studio was seeking a more established star to help introduce one of its lesser-known characters to audiences. That led Leto to Warner Bros., which has been eager to work with the gifted actor and 30 Seconds to Mars frontman.

Heath Ledger won a posthumous Oscar for his terrifying performance as The Joker in Christopher Nolan's “The Dark Knight.” The Joker's fate was left dangling in that film, though Nolan's Batman trilogy is not expected to have any connection to WB's shared DC Movie Universe.

While The Joker did not appear in Justin Marks’ original draft of the screenplay, Ayer is expected to rewrite the script and that revision is rumored to include The Joker. After all, the studio would be hard-pressed to ignore Batman's arch-enemy. If Warners has no plans to include the character in some capacity in “Suicide Squad” or “Justice League,” what movie is it waiting for?

Ryan Gosling was initially sought to play The Joker but he was unwilling to sign a deal with options for multiple movies, according to one insider.
http://www.thewrap.com/jared-leto-eyed- ... exclusive/
Leto spoke with THR on Nov. 6 and implied that he was finally zeroing on his next role.

"I do [have my eye on one project]. I am excited about what's happening," he told THR. "There are incredible opportunities and I'm very grateful for them. I'm looking forward to making films again now that the tour is wrapping up. It's going to be an exciting 2015."

However, he wouldn't reveal the project, saying he was "under lock and key."

"I've sworn to keep my mouth shut but I think that very shortly there will be something to talk about, that's for sure," he said.
Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on November 7th, 2014, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 8169
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Jared Leto Eyed to Play The Joker in WB's ‘Suicide Squad’
Oscar winner Jared Leto is circling a key role in David Ayer‘s “Suicide Squad” that could prove to be The Joker, an individual familiar with the Warner Bros. project has told TheWrap.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Leto did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Tom Hardy, Will Smith and Margot Robbie are in various stages of discussions to star in “Suicide Squad,” which David Ayer is directing and Charles Roven is producing. Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his role as Superman's mortal foe Lex Luthor, though no casting is confirmed at this time.

Based on the DC Comic, “Suicide Squad” finds the government granting a group of supervillains a shot at redemption by sending them on a mission that will likely kill them all.

Leto won an Oscar earlier this year for his heartbreaking supporting performance in “Dallas Buyers Club” and while Hollywood has been eager to cast him, the actor hasn't settled on a follow-up project, though he has certainly earned the right to be selective.

Leto and his representatives had previously expressed interest in Marvel's “Doctor Strange,” though the studio was seeking a more established star to help introduce one of its lesser-known characters to audiences. That led Leto to Warner Bros., which has been eager to work with the gifted actor and 30 Seconds to Mars frontman.

Heath Ledger won a posthumous Oscar for his terrifying performance as The Joker in Christopher Nolan's “The Dark Knight.” The Joker's fate was left dangling in that film, though Nolan's Batman trilogy is not expected to have any connection to WB's shared DC Movie Universe.

While The Joker did not appear in Justin Marks’ original draft of the screenplay, Ayer is expected to rewrite the script and that revision is rumored to include The Joker. After all, the studio would be hard-pressed to ignore Batman's arch-enemy. If Warners has no plans to include the character in some capacity in “Suicide Squad” or “Justice League,” what movie is it waiting for?

Ryan Gosling was initially sought to play The Joker but he was unwilling to sign a deal with options for multiple movies, according to one insider.
http://www.thewrap.com/jared-leto-eyed- ... exclusive/
I could see this happening.

User avatar
Posts: 741
Joined: December 2013
speaking of the joker. Cillian Murphy's character in Peaky Blinders kind of comes across as an anti-hero descendant of the joker

User avatar
Posts: 736
Joined: May 2010
Cool!

User avatar
Posts: 1680
Joined: January 2012
Location: Miami/FL
I can clearly see Jared Leto playing The Joker.
In case they don't choose him, I hope they can consider Troy Baker for the role. ;)

User avatar
Posts: 12931
Joined: February 2011
Yusuf Dazz wrote:I can clearly see Jared Leto playing The Joker.
In case they don't choose him, I hope they can consider Troy Baker for the role. ;)
I would die of joy if that happens. Highly unlikely those morons come up with such a genius casting though.£

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55472
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Honestly, I'm more excited now, not because we'll get our next Joker (and possibly Leto!), but because it probably means Harley is also in it. :D :clap:

User avatar
Posts: 13813
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
m4st4 wrote:Honestly, I'm more excited now, not because we'll get our next Joker (and possibly Leto!), but because it probably means Harley is also in it. :D :clap:
Image

Post Reply