Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Havoc1st wrote:Would you want this film PG-13 or R rated?, even though i bet it's going to be PG-13.

Who's going to write the script? I hope it's not a shitty writer.
It's PG-13, no doubt about it. Should be no problem being a PG-13 film.
I think David Ayer might write it because he writes most of his films.
Yeah no shit, who the fuck wants a shitty writer? That was a pointless comment.

Seems to me he really liked working with Margot recently, if you know what I mean.

m4st4 wrote:Seems to me he really liked working with Margot recently, if you know what I mean.
damn who wouldn't ;)

So apparently the writer for this wrote Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. He's also writing Jungle Book (the Favreau one).

Shit.

I hope so much that he's improved since Chun Li, for both this film's sake and Jungle Book, since that movie was just so horrible. Suicide Squad can totally make a kickass film, and I'd hate to see it totally blown

Source?

SilverHeart wrote:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ros-734324
Though apparently he wrote his draft before Ayer came on, so they hopefully aren't using his script. Maybe Ayer will do his own script like with Fury and End of Watch?
Yeah I thought Ayer was writing the script for this.

SilverHeart wrote:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ros-734324
Though apparently he wrote his draft before Ayer came on, so they hopefully aren't using his script. Maybe Ayer will do his own script like with Fury and End of Watch?
Last i heard, which was this week, is that the script you're referencing was an old script from a couple years ago which they scrapped. I believe it's the one Elmayimbe from latino review read with a bunch of characters on the lineup that are unlikely to appear.

Im pretty sure they're dealing with a brand new script. The old one had a lot of goofy characters that just wouldn't work with what they're trying to do. The only female was Vixen, who is black. Margot Robbie will probably play Harley Quinn, so i think the new one will center around the recent lineup which for the most part consists of Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Deathstroke and Black Manta may be the character Will Smith is up for. Of course they'll make a few adjustments because they need to add a couple more to the lineup, and they'll need to dig into the past a bit to round out the group. I think Hardy was eyed for Deathstroke and Gosling was said to be "the lead" (probably Deadshot). But he probably wont take it.

I hope they stay with A-listers because this movie has potential to be badass as fuck. And great quality. Don't FUCK this up Warner Brothers!

Tom Hardy as another DC supervillain would be far weirder than even Evans playing two Marvel heroes. The number of people involved in two different SH films as different characters is growing quite large at this rate.£

I read somewhere there was a leaked script of few pages from 2011. Not sure if real, but it's the same writer as Silverheart mentioned.