Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:Just got my ticket. Hope the reviews are good tomorrow.
WHY, PAST ME. WHY COULDNT YOU HAVE JUST WAITED ONE MORE DAY.

i kinda feel vindicated

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twelve fucking thousand? Jesus.

Yesterday it only had 400 signatures lmao

That petition is so stupid.

If anything, people should be angry with WB for their interference.

Reports claim that when Ayer screened his version of the film in May, it was well liked and met with praise. But of course WB made their own cut and are releasing that.

If WB learns anything from this year I just hope it's this: stop interfering so much.

The studio didn't have faith in their project and I can kind of see why: the 2 recent Superman films were terrible. But the studio interference is a significant factor in the overall quality of the final product. They should just stop trying to emulate Marvel at this point. Just make good films. Who cares if they're connected in a larger universe if they are bad or mediocre films as a result? I'd rather have a great stand-alone film.

akv1984 wrote:That petition is so stupid.

If anything, people should be angry with WB for their interference.

Reports claim that when Ayer screened his version of the film in May, it was well liked and met with praise. But of course WB made their own cut and are releasing that.

If WB learns anything from this year I just hope it's this: stop interfering so much.

I would honestly love to see a shared DC universe myself, but that's the fan in me.

WB needs to have more faith in the people they hire, especially if the original cuts of the film do well in test screenings. WB can't claim to be filmmaker driven and then just bring in their own editors all the time and rearrange scenes and completely take out scenes and mess up the pacing.

I'm sure if some of these characters were in a good batman movie where Affleck gets final cut, DC will explode. In a good way. But until then, this makes me less confident in Wonder Woman and obviously Justice League. I mean, there's no way they're gonna give the Flash director final cut. They don't know what they want or how to get it so some of the smaller DC movies might be doomed even at this stage.

I'm hearing Margot, Will and a few others are really good here so i wouldn't want to see them NOT return because some Squad sequel gets canceled. Hopefully they have another shot somewhere. But I'm hoping WB just reboots everything after the batman film at least. This shared universe shit is definitely Marvels thing. Just reboot and get some new blood in there to focus on Batman movies like Nolan did. Someone with a vision where WB lets them have their say.