Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
David Ayer To Direct SUICIDE SQUAD Movie

Ryan Gosling, Margot Robbie, Will Smith and Tom Hardy Have ‘Suicide Squad’ Offers
I’ve got no problem being blindly thrilled about any big screen rendition of a DC property that Warner Bros. announces, but now that Suicide Squad is official, it’s time to get a little more knowledgeable about the source material.

suicide-squad-comic-coverKeep in mind, I’m approaching this knowing little to nothing about the series, so if there’s additional information worth knowing, do share in the comments section.

Via Comic Vine, the group is rooted in the World War II Suicide Squadron, a team that’s comprised of expendable soldiers and given high-risk assignments. When the war was over, the members joined the Suicide Squad.

Right now the group includes Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Deathstroke, Black Manta and Duela Dent, the Joker’s daughter. However, when the group made their first appearance in The Brave and the Bold, it included Rick Flag, Jr., Karin Grace, Dr. Hugh Evans and Jess Bright, non-powered individuals who would take on superpowered foes.

However, earlier reports claim that the Suicide Squad movie will involve convicted supervillains trying to redeem themselves by taking on dangerous missions, so it’s far more likely that the studios will be running with the more modern lot rather than the group that started it all. If the rumor that surfaced just days ago turns out to be true, the group will consist of Deadshot, Harkness, Vixen, Blockbuster, Multiplex, Jaculi and Mindblogger, not the iteration that’s currently featured in New Suicide Squad #1. I’ve been a Harley Quinn fan ever since my parents hung a painting of her in our living room back when I was a kid, so it’d be nice to see her added to that list.

So this is basically an ensemble film featuring villains. I’m in. In fact, it’s nice to hear this is coming so soon with all the uncertainty around the Spider-Man film franchise. After getting so many movies with heroes at the core, I was really looking forward to seeing how they’d approach Sinister Six, but my hope for that one is waning big time right now.

Another big plus for this Suicide Squad film is Ayer. Forget the whole cliché dark and gritty approach; how about we just focus on loading the movie with visceral action and run with something more grounded that has a little bit of bite to it? Ayer’s already done it to varying degrees in Fury, Sabotage, End of Watch and more. The only possible drawback is that it’s so unlikely Warner Bros. would give Ayer the OK to make an R-rated superhero film.
http://collider.com/suicide-squad-movie-david-ayer/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... tor-740806

Margot Robbie, oh yes.

Still surprised they're releasing this film during the same year as Batman Vs Superman. Just feels weird.

Havoc1st wrote:Still surprised they're releasing this film during the same year as Batman Vs Superman. Just feels weird.
How? They want to ride off the success of Arrow and want to emulate how GOTG was.

Warner Bros, which this week identified the DC Comics property Suicide Squad as one of its priority projects that will be released in 2016, is apparently moving aggressively on the film that will be directed by David Ayer as his follow to the Brad Pitt starrer The Fury. I’m hearing that both Will Smith and Tom Hardy are circling the film and are close to signing on.
http://deadline.com/2014/10/will-smith- ... os-853364/

Sounds like they are really interested.

I wonder who they're playing. I can see either of them as Deadshot.
Margot Robbie is reported as closing in as well.

chinn70 wrote:David Ayer To Direct SUICIDE SQUAD Movie

Ryan Gosling, Margot Robbie, Will Smith and Tom Hardy Have ‘Suicide Squad’ Offers
I’ve got no problem being blindly thrilled about any big screen rendition of a DC property that Warner Bros. announces, but now that Suicide Squad is official, it’s time to get a little more knowledgeable about the source material.

suicide-squad-comic-coverKeep in mind, I’m approaching this knowing little to nothing about the series, so if there’s additional information worth knowing, do share in the comments section.

Via Comic Vine, the group is rooted in the World War II Suicide Squadron, a team that’s comprised of expendable soldiers and given high-risk assignments. When the war was over, the members joined the Suicide Squad.

Right now the group includes Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Deathstroke, Black Manta and Duela Dent, the Joker’s daughter. However, when the group made their first appearance in The Brave and the Bold, it included Rick Flag, Jr., Karin Grace, Dr. Hugh Evans and Jess Bright, non-powered individuals who would take on superpowered foes.

However, earlier reports claim that the Suicide Squad movie will involve convicted supervillains trying to redeem themselves by taking on dangerous missions, so it’s far more likely that the studios will be running with the more modern lot rather than the group that started it all. If the rumor that surfaced just days ago turns out to be true, the group will consist of Deadshot, Harkness, Vixen, Blockbuster, Multiplex, Jaculi and Mindblogger, not the iteration that’s currently featured in New Suicide Squad #1. I’ve been a Harley Quinn fan ever since my parents hung a painting of her in our living room back when I was a kid, so it’d be nice to see her added to that list.

So this is basically an ensemble film featuring villains. I’m in. In fact, it’s nice to hear this is coming so soon with all the uncertainty around the Spider-Man film franchise. After getting so many movies with heroes at the core, I was really looking forward to seeing how they’d approach Sinister Six, but my hope for that one is waning big time right now.

Another big plus for this Suicide Squad film is Ayer. Forget the whole cliché dark and gritty approach; how about we just focus on loading the movie with visceral action and run with something more grounded that has a little bit of bite to it? Ayer’s already done it to varying degrees in Fury, Sabotage, End of Watch and more. The only possible drawback is that it’s so unlikely Warner Bros. would give Ayer the OK to make an R-rated superhero film.
http://collider.com/suicide-squad-movie-david-ayer/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... tor-740806
Please make this happen.

Damn, we've gotten some great casting rumors in the past week. If any of them turn out to be true it's be awesome.

SilverHeart wrote:Damn, we've gotten some great casting rumors in the past week. If any of them turn out to be true it's be awesome.
Damn right. Especially Jena Malone for me.

Would you want this film PG-13 or R rated?, even though i bet it's going to be PG-13.

Who's going to write the script? I hope it's not a shitty writer.