Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah but it's SNL so do you really think she'd bash on his colleague and partner for at least two more movies? So no, he does not, whatever we may think of his acting regime.

I'm still mad at the editors and the writer, but never at Leto.

m4st4 wrote:Yeah but it's SNL so do you really think she'd bash on his colleague and partner for at least two more movies? So no, he does not, whatever we may think of his acting regime.

Oh, I was just joking (Robbie probably was as well)... I found it funny.

I don't have a problem with Leto's method more so all the chatter/hype behind it which is tiresome. But yeah, them cutting down the Joker a lot was clearly a terrible move.

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Yeah but it's SNL so do you really think she'd bash on his colleague and partner for at least two more movies? So no, he does not, whatever we may think of his acting regime.

Oh, I was just joking (Robbie probably was as well)... I found it funny.

I don't have a problem with Leto's method more so all the chatter/hype behind it which is tiresome. But yeah, them cutting down the Joker a lot was clearly a terrible move.
The chatter/hype was the worst... it literally wrecked those pesky seven-ten minutes of Mistah J material they gave us, worked against the reality.

Short term - yay, please be better and seeing this Day 1, long term - do I really have to skip all future DCEU films theatrically

Surprise... surprise. Can they please re-edit the whole thing?

At least Joker and Harley have a chance now.

The DCEU is a mess that's crashed and burned.

If making over $2 billion in three movies is crashing and burning, then sign me the fuck up.

It's 13 minutes:

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-exten ... ium=social
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:If making over $2 billion in three movies is crashing and burning, then sign me the fuck up.
Finances aside, you know exactly what he means but we've heard it so many times and we'll hear it again... unless Wonder Woman changes the course for many people - fact.

Edit: Important thing to note, this is not in any way 'Ayer's cut' like Snyder's Ultimate Edition:
“We have a chunk, there’s definitely over 10 minutes of material on there. But this cut of a movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, there released movie is my cut. And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you fucking love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship [laughs], not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.
It's just 13 minutes of additional footage, and a good chunk is probably Harley-Joker stuff prior to the chemical wedding.

13 minutes is fine as long as they also fix some of the editing.