Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I will never understand rooting for a movie to fail.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:I will never understand rooting for a movie to fail.
Because it justifies and exonerates the continued purveyance of shit.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:I will never understand rooting for a movie to fail.
Because it justifies and exonerates the continued purveyance of shit.
Yup. Bad movies failing = studios trying harder to make good movies.

Have to agree. Although, in this case, I believe WB knows it's their marketing who did most of the leg work.

It'll be BvS all over again.

This movie is going to do good box office for sure. But I just hope that WB learns from BvS and SS when it comes to interfering with their filmmaker's vision.

Right now I'm just thinking of ways WB could possibly fuck up Wonder Woman. Like I wouldn't be surprised if WW gets messed up in editing. Hopefully it doesn't.

Sandy wrote:Big plot hole I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet
This Joker has apparently ruined a lot of Batman's life, judging by the Easter eggs in BvS. Deadshot has it out for Batman, wants to head to Gotham to even the score. Shouldn't Deadshot theoretically know who the Joker is, rather than merely referring to him as Harley's friend when he spots the text messages?
Fail to see how this is a plot hole.

And wishing for a film to do terrible at the boxoffice just so there might be a chance that the executives will change their approach is ludicrous to say the least. This has been a faulty reasoning for such a long time and you have to be oblivious to the industry to wish that. It's a fallacy.

RIFA wrote:
And wishing for a film to do terrible at the boxoffice just so there might be a chance that the executives will change their approach is ludicrous to say the least. This has been a faulty reasoning for such a long time and you have to be oblivious to the industry to wish that. It's a fallacy.
Yeah like do studios actually believe Transformers are good movies? Nope. But they know it'll make really good money.

They obviously are entertaining popcorn movies eaten by the masses. Why is it necessary for them to be "good" by the standards of academic filmmaking?

The film industry is grand. There's room for anything really. You might not enjoy it but wishing for movies to do bad just so the industry will satisfy your needs is just selfish egotistical thinking.
Last edited by RIFA on August 7th, 2016, 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIFA wrote:They obviously are entertaining popcorn movies eaten by the masses. Why is it necessary for them to be "good" by the standards of academic filmmaking?

The film industry is grand. There's room for anything really. You might not enjoy it but wishing for movies to do bad just so the industry will satisfy your needs is just selfish egotistical thinking.
Wow.