Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:This definitely has loads of potential. I'm not a fan of Jai Courtney, but my main concerns were of him being the main lead when he was rumored to be Deadshot.

It'll also be nice to finally see Will Smith in a main role in a watchable movie again.

Armand is kind of right, though. It is a childrens show. A fucking incredible one, with great animation, writing, and voice acting, but pretending it isn't is ridiculous. Doctor Who is the same way (though recently it's been definitely skewing a bit more older, probably to appeal a bit more to it's older US fanbase).
He's not kind of right, he's absolutely right, but by saying it up and front without mentioning other stuff, simply to undermine the importance of Timm's legacy (and especially his creation of Harley)... that's just rude.

Not gonna lie: i was hoping Hardy was Deadshot.

But it doesn't matter because i'm still excited for this film.

After seeing the terribly-acted Boomerang on Arrow I have renewed optimism for Courtney. Even he can't be as terrible.
"What I like about boomerangs is it shows that your past comes back to you." Jesus Christ.

SilverHeart wrote:After seeing the terribly-acted Boomerang on Arrow I have renewed optimism for Courtney. Even he can't be as terrible.
"What I like about boomerangs is it shows that your past comes back to you." Jesus Christ.
Hey, what are you talking about? That's great writing.

SilverHeart wrote:"What I like about boomerangs is it shows that your past comes back to you."
Someone literally got paid to write this.

well damn, didn't know rohan was writing for tv

Well that wasn't the exact line but it was close enough.

Especially since the rest of the episode was great, but goddamn every time he opened his mouth I hated him. I don't think they even got an Australian actor.

I can already tell Leto's take on the Joker will be menacing. He's got big shoes to fill but I can see the intensity already.

m4st4 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:This definitely has loads of potential. I'm not a fan of Jai Courtney, but my main concerns were of him being the main lead when he was rumored to be Deadshot.

It'll also be nice to finally see Will Smith in a main role in a watchable movie again.

Armand is kind of right, though. It is a childrens show. A fucking incredible one, with great animation, writing, and voice acting, but pretending it isn't is ridiculous. Doctor Who is the same way (though recently it's been definitely skewing a bit more older, probably to appeal a bit more to it's older US fanbase).
He's not kind of right, he's absolutely right, but by saying it up and front without mentioning other stuff, simply to undermine the importance of Timm's legacy (and especially his creation of Harley)... that's just rude.
It's not rude, it's reductive, but more a comment on how the evolution of Quinn into this major character is a bit odd given her origin, but not surprising based on her popularity.

Renee Montoya is another such example where the "tail" so to speak has wagged the dog in regards to comics. I'm not denigrating the source, I'm just saying that she's not a part of the time-honored lore of a 75 year old character and universe, she is a recent development that was functional for that format.

'Recent' as Bane, who is '95, and look at where we are now? Years don't matter as much as the audiences.