Justice League (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
When you put that group next to The Avengers' cast for the sake of comparison, they look terribly laughable.£

Could I get a clarification of who the bold 'they' is referring to?

I'll take Drogo over Thor any fucking day. I'd say the only truly meh right now is Mr.Cyborg since I don't care about the character and don't know the dude, Green Lantern all the way. Ezra Miller will probably be MVP anyway.

Not really. A lot of that group is very unknown. I'm sure you would have been 'terribly laughing' if there was an Avengers image like that back in 2010 or something like that. Let these guys and girl prove themselves.

Downey Jr, Ruffalo, Johannson, Renner and Sam Jackson were nothing to laugh at back in 2010.

The Taxman wrote: Downey Jr, Ruffalo, Johannson, Renner and Sam Jackson were nothing to laugh at back in 2010.
As the characters that they would be playing they would have been. Except Jackson maybe and Downey Jr. was already established because of the Iron-Man films but people were laughing at that idea before those movies. My point is give these guys a chance and stop judging them off of an image.

I admit to have been repeating this, way too many times that it's getting really boring, but I'm saying it out of frustration, not out of hatred. I like Justice League more than The Avengers and I don't think they are doing them justice with this bunch. I love to be proven wrong but it's doubtful at best. You guys want to wait and see if Gadot is better than Johansson/Olsen or if Affleck and Mamoa are on par with Bob Downey and Ruffalo then you better be prepared for some massive disappointment.£
Last edited by Master Virgo on January 22nd, 2016, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:I'll take Drogo over Thor any fucking day. I'd say the only truly meh right now is Mr.Cyborg since I don't care about the character and don't know the dude, Green Lantern all the way. Ezra Miller will probably be MVP anyway.
Acting-wise Hemsworth's still leagues above Momoa, though.

That being said, they may just be tailor-made for their roles. From The Avengers I consider Evans the weakest link but he pretty much nails his character. I'd Miller's a great actor, though, he'll probably play whatever he wants and nail it anyway.

Master Virgo wrote:I admit to have been repeating this, way too many times that it's getting really boring, but I'm saying it out of frustration, not out of hatred. I like Justice League more than The Avengers and I don't think they are doing them justice with this bunch. I love to be proven wrong but it's doubtful at best. You guys want to wait and see if Gadot is better than Johansson/Olsen or if Affleck and Mamoa are on par with Bob Downey and Ruffalo then you better be prepared for some massive disappointment.£
Why, it's not a competition. Why does Gadot need to better than [insert actress]? They just need to do well with their own roles and that is it. Also, this is Heath Ledger all over again. You haven't seen at least three of them in action as their character (Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg). Battfleck is nailing it and it looks like he'll be the best live-action Batman there is. Cavill is fine as Superman. Gadot we just haven't seen enough of and haven't heard her speak. And you're already SURE that they aren't doing the characters justice? Talk about hyperbole.

Evans, Olsen and Hemsworth are shitty actors, but good enough in their roles. The JL will be fine.

Also don't know why you're saying you like the JL more than the Avengers. So? Does that give you statement extra validation or something like that? What are we supposed to do with that information? Completely irrelevant.

Can we get through with BvS before we start bitching at the whole Justice League. Gosh.