Justice League (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I hope this is true. I literally was thinking about JL earlier today.

Regardless of the output, I'm really happy for Snyder if this happens

Have deadline or variety confirmed it?

Yes it can.

Personally I wasn't invested after a terrible one-two punch with Josstice League and Suicide Squad but now, some three years (?) later, this whole #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement has brought a lot of good. Just off the top of my mind:

-managed to re-purpose initially toxic movement into a movement for hope
-raised money for various initiatives like suicide prevention
-created a lot of online (and offline) connections between people
-slowly brought back Zack Snyder onto Vero and social media, connecting with fans via continuous and hopeful posts and most recently BvS live screening & commenting
-de-confirmed various journos naysayers, most of them are deleting their previous posts, like internet doesn't remember

And if it's truly 'happening', and we actually get a thumb up from Snyder tomorrow, during Man of Steel stream (just seven days before the HBO Max launch), it will also manage to:

-give the people what they always wanted, and original finale to the trilogy
-emphasize the importance of creator's vision vs constant studio meddling (see recent ROTS fiasco)
-perhaps 'save' another picture from this studio hack&slash approach through sheer conversation with the content creators
-give a little bit of extra hope during these times, say that what we do in fact, if loud and strong and connected enough, sometimes matter

I'm all pro #ReleaseTheSnyderCut now, after many years of not giving a damn, because it stands for hope, instead of hate. And it's just entertainment, so entertain, Zack.

*oh I'm sure it won't stop the pro-hate articles and no Znyder hater could ever truly watch this cut and think my god this is actually awesome, but said cut was never meant for thay person anyway. No matter how you see it, if this beast comes out, it's going to be a fascinating subject for conversation

I don't believe whatever cut that may or may not be put out is going to be on the "biblical" level that all the fans are wishing it to be. Although, if they finally it (and it seems like there is a real possibility it will be), I will be very excited to see it.

However, since it is apparently a completly different movie, will it be treated as canon to the rest of the DCEU or not?

Honesty, i'm glad, if the release Snyder Cut is true.

BlairCo wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:29 am
I don't believe whatever cut that may or may not be put out is going to be on the "biblical" level that all the fans are wishing it to be. Although, if they finally it (and it seems like there is a real possibility it will be), I will be very excited to see it.

However, since it is apparently a completly different movie, will it be treated as canon to the rest of the DCEU or not?
That's the thing, there's no canon per se. WB is doing their own thing now with pocketed universes that may or may not be connected.

Basically, what they're doing is... Comic books. It's the same universe on paper, but each and every 'issue' from one author is its own thing. So JL would be a completed version of Snyderverse but that's it. Doesn't mean Affleck would suddenly be back.

Never underestimate how bad sth written by Chris Terrio can be.

fuck the synder cut