Justice League (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 11:44 pm
Why are we still talking about this horrible, shitty movie?
This

I totally support the Snyder Cut movement
As a graphic designer I know how frustrating (and sometimes almost heartbreaking) is when someone destroys your art, whatever it is, something you've put so much effort into. That's why there's so many people like Kevin Smith, Dave Bautista, Ryan Reynolds and Rob Liefeld supporting this thing.

atilasantos wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 3:31 pm
As a graphic designer I know how frustrating (and sometimes almost heartbreaking) is when someone destroys your art, whatever it is, something you've put so much effort into. That's why there's so many people like Kevin Smith, Dave Bautista, Ryan Reynolds and Rob Liefeld supporting this thing.
There is no Snyder Cut. From what I understand, Snyder left before the film was completed and Whedon finished the film and reshoots happen on most blockbusters anyway. The best the 'movement' can hope for is, as William Bibbiani suggested, a Netflix documentary about the filming process of this movie that includes hereto never released footage that ended on the cutting room floor.

There might be a raw edit... but without any vfx to the unreleased scenes. A completed version is not gonna happen, no matter how loud the minority is. WB/DC, wisely, wants that part of its history forgotten and should focus on what seems to be working for them and not going back to the gutter.

In terms of Cavill's lack of support I'm pretty sure he should be the one most hoping for that cut to never see the light of day if he wants to still be Superman. Based on the changes it was pretty apparent that Whedon was brought in to mostly fix Superman and Batman. The mustache fiasco didn't help Whedon but at least the character felt like Superman in most scenes. They also finally managed to steer Batman in the right direction with a complete reboot but Superman can still be saved without any recasting, much like Wonder Woman was under Patty Jenkins. He just needs to be kept away from Snyder and given to someone with a better understanding of the character.

I find it generally much easier to not waste millions of dollars making a cut of a film from which most people moved on than appeasing some people on twitter. Justice League is what it is: a messy movie that might have turned out better if the people working on it had interesting ideas and the skill to bring them to life. But sadly it was not to be.

Here's what's happening: Disney's defining what good superhero films are going to be perceived as and WB/DC need to do their own thing and not follow through with that shared universe nonsense that wasn't impressive in the first place.

Batfan175 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 6:12 pm
I find it generally much easier to not waste millions of dollars making a cut of a film from which most people moved on than appeasing some people on twitter. Justice League is what it is: a messy movie that might have turned out better if the people working on it had interesting ideas and the skill to bring them to life. But sadly it was not to be.

Here's what's happening: Disney's defining what good superhero films are going to be perceived as and WB/DC need to do their own thing and not follow through with that shared universe nonsense that wasn't impressive in the first place.
WB did that with Joker. Close this fucking thread.

anikom15 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 5:32 am
Batfan175 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 6:12 pm

WB did that with Joker. Close this fucking thread.
Joker was definitely a step in the right direction in terms of making self-contained films.

Batfan175 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 2:36 pm
atilasantos wrote:
There is no Snyder Cut. From what I understand, Snyder left before the film was completed and Whedon finished the film and reshoots happen on most blockbusters anyway. The best the 'movement' can hope for is, as William Bibbiani suggested, a Netflix documentary about the filming process of this movie that includes hereto never released footage that ended on the cutting room floor.

atilasantos wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 10:14 am
Batfan175 wrote:
atilasantos wrote:

Dobson wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 10:32 am
atilasantos wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 10:14 am
Batfan175 wrote:

Who should I trust?
This random YouTuber or the guy who directed the movie? LOL