David Lynch's Twin Peaks

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
thrice wrote:the last 2-3 eps of season 2 are still too little too late. Can't make up for the awful middle part of the season
Not true. There's good stuff in those episodes. I know, Ben's Civil War stuff, Nadine in High School and James mistress are some of the supidest side plot in the series. I just want to yell at the screen everytime I watch. But you can't just skip to those "last 2-3" episodes. The bad ones in between need to be watched to get the entire picture, and I don't think it's a waste of time because there's some good stuff in there too.

Echovoid_52 wrote:
thrice wrote:the last 2-3 eps of season 2 are still too little too late. Can't make up for the awful middle part of the season
Not true. There's good stuff in those episodes. I know, Ben's Civil War stuff, Nadine in High School and James mistress are some of the supidest side plot in the series. I just want to yell at the screen everytime I watch. But you can't just skip to those "last 2-3" episodes. The bad ones in between need to be watched to get the entire picture, and I don't think it's a waste of time because there's some good stuff in there too.
Until episode 9 of the second season, it's completely amazing. Then... not so much. There's certainly a big dip in quality, that mostly has to do with Lynch's and Frost's absence. But every episode is worth watching. You can't just skip any of them, not only because of some great moments but also because in those episodes the mythology is expanded. The last 4-5 are truly much better and the Lynch directed finale is one of the very best of the series and of TV in general.

The last episode is simply amazing. I simply can't recommend skiping it, much less if you're planning to watch this "revival".

Panapaok wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:
Until episode 9 of the second season, it's completely amazing. Then... not so much. There's certainly a big dip in quality, that mostly has to do with Lynch's and Frost's absence. But every episode is worth watching. You can't just skip any of them, not only because of some great moments but also because in those episodes the mythology is expanded. The last 4-5 are truly much better and the Lynch directed finale is one of the very best of the series and of TV in general.
I find this chart really useful. And yes, the red ones absolutely need to be watched.

didich wrote:The last episode is simply amazing. I simply can't recommend skiping it, much less if you're planning to watch this "revival".
It's one of the best, most intense and downright frightening sequences Lynch has ever filmed. I watched it for the first time in complete darkness on my TV and it's an experience I'll never forget.

Maddy's
murder is imo the most effective scene. Terrifying
Last edited by thrice on October 5th, 2014, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thrice wrote:
Maddy's murder
is imo the most effective scene. Terrifying
You should spoiler tag that. :P

But I love when Julie Cruise sings "The World Spins" after that, and
Everyone can almost sense that something bad has happened.
Last edited by Echovoid_52 on October 5th, 2014, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I thought that the scariest part of the series was the end of the first episode of the 2nd season
Ronette Pulaski's flashback to the scene in the train car

cassm wrote:I thought that the scariest part of the series was the end of the first episode of the 2nd season
Ronette Pulaski's flashback to the scene in the train car
I actually think the train car sequence in that episode is A LOT scarier and intense then the one in FWWM, despite FWWM being more of a horror piece.

People do seem to forget how downright terrifying this show is/was. Seriously, watching it alone will creep you the fuck out.

ChristNolan wrote:People do seem to forget how downright terrifying this show is/was. Seriously, watching it alone will creep you the fuck out.
That's how I went through it. Watched the final episode at night, in my basement, alone and on Bluray. Terrifying.

Even so, it's a freakin hilarious comedy too and the switch between the two is expertly done. One second you're laughing a long with Coop, the next your like WTF this is creeping me the fuck out. The show just has such a strong mood. I could listen to Laura Palmers theme all day. And Thematically, what Twin Peaks ends up being about, especially Fire Walk With Me, make it resonate much more deeply then you're expecting.
Sexual abuse