The Accountant (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
An actual review for this movie:

Affleck did great Nolan-like dark films before being in the shitty BvS. I'd much rather blame Snyder's bad luck transfering onto Affleck.

I can certainly believe someone writing negatively about Nolan, but not with using The Dark Knight as evidence.

Reading RT comments from 'professionals' on this movie is like watching the world of stupid unfold before you.
Last edited by m4st4 on October 14th, 2016, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:Image

Reading RT comments from 'professionals' on this movies is like watching the world of stupid unfold before you.
:lol:

The Accountant

Lame. Very lame.

It's tonally awkward, the action is used too sparingly to balance out the truly boring dialogue and exposition scenes. Speaking of that, I found there to be way too much of the actual story told through dialogue; lots of "telling not showing".

It also lacks a unique look. There are some interesting shots here and there, but they seem forced when juxtaposed with a sea of just uninspired photography.

Affleck gives a neat performance, but I feel like he and others were somewhat restricted by the frankly amateurish writing.

There are also some really inane twists, one of which can be seen like 5 miles away (IMO).

Trailer was better.

I'll take anything after seeing The Girl on the Train, aka The Hangover: Part 4. Would you call it a slow burner, cil?

Actually I was kinda hoping it would be a slow burner after seeing the trailer. I thought it was just messy more than anything.

Cilogy wrote:The Accountant

Lame. Very lame.

It's tonally awkward, the action is used too sparingly to balance out the truly boring dialogue and exposition scenes. Speaking of that, I found there to be way too much of the actual story told through dialogue; lots of "telling not showing".

It also lacks a unique look. There are some interesting shots here and there, but they seem forced when juxtaposed with a sea of just uninspired photography.

Affleck gives a neat performance, but I feel like he and others were somewhat restricted by the frankly amateurish writing.

There are also some really inane twists, one of which can be seen like 5 miles away (IMO).

Trailer was better.
Movies like Gavin O’Connor’s The Accountant are a rare breed these days. Here we have an action/thriller with an uncommonly complex narrative that requires close attentiveness. How refreshing.

Ben Affleck turns in one of his best performances as a math savant, brilliant with numbers and even better at killing. The story is unconventional, sometimes to a fault, but I admired its originality and O’Conner’s unique perspective on the genre.

It’s not for everyone, especially if you’re just looking for non-stop action. But viewers who like a little dose of brain activity with their entertainment should find some enjoyment here.

Ironically it seems right up Stuckmann's alley, especially since the film had barely any subtext to it.

BTW, it's neither complex nor requires "attentiveness".

didn't even feature the Radiohead song, which was perhaps the most disappointing thing for me

lol