The Accountant (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That was my reaction too. Alright but nothing special. I was quite bored with it in the first half. Only some moments here and there where Ben did something funny or badass...that was about the only thing that kept me from falling asleep. I couldn't tell you what this movie was even about other than the basic information we were given from the trailer. I was just zoning off too much. Perhaps it's the accounting part that made me sleepy? Or the generic characters? Or maybe Stuckmann said it best and it's too complex for me!? :lol:

Simmons was fine for what he was given, Lithgow was just there, Annoying Kendrick actually wasn't annoying. Ben was solid and actually quite good in some scenes. But overall the characters, story and direction was a big MEH for me. Don't need to watch this again.

Just came back. As much as I didn't find myself as engaged as I hope I would be in the story, I'm very interested to seeing how it holds up on repeated viewings. Affleck shows off how subtly versatile he has become as an actor with this performance; it is such a great role for him. Everybody else was just there to move the plot along. However, there is just something that is pulling me back to watching it again; I don't know what it is. But I certainly liked this movie.