Everybody Wants Some (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: Fresh from his time lapse masterpiece Boyhood, Richard Linklater is casting for That’s What I’m Talking About, the baseball-themed film he’ll make next. I’m told he has offered the three leads to these actors: Glee’s Blake Jenner, Teen Wolf’s Tyler Hoechlin, and 22 Jump Street’s Wyatt Russell. They’ve each got an offer to play one of the lead baseball players.

The film is said to be very much in tone similar to Linklater’s stoner classic Dazed And Confused, which launched a ton of talent that included future Oscar winners Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey. This one is set in 1980, and a college freshman moves into the baseball house at his college and experiences a fraternity like lifestyle with his hard partying teammates.
http://deadline.com/2014/09/richard-lin ... ie-833661/

YESSSSSSSSSS FINALLY

I love how Linklater manages to think big with his ideas while remaining small in his execution. I'v excited for whatever he does next.
Last edited by BlairCo on September 15th, 2014, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He's been talking about this for years. He's said it's his spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused, which is awesome. I remember him saying it'd be set in the 80's and have a similar style to Dazed and Confused. Don't remember him saying anything about baseball so maybe he's changed some things.

As a Linklater fan I have a hard time getting too excited for this one. If he made it not too long after Dazed and Confused perhaps I'd be more for it, but at this point I just kind of wish he'd move on to doing something different other than making more coming of age films about slackers.

HorrorBiz wrote:As a Linklater fan I have a hard time getting too excited for this one. If he made it not too long after Dazed and Confused perhaps I'd be more for it, but at this point I just kind of wish he'd move on to doing something different other than making more coming of age films about slackers.
But he's the BEST at it. Dazed and Confused is incredible (my fave of his).

Sky007 wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:As a Linklater fan I have a hard time getting too excited for this one. If he made it not too long after Dazed and Confused perhaps I'd be more for it, but at this point I just kind of wish he'd move on to doing something different other than making more coming of age films about slackers.
I agree, I'm a big fan of his work as well. I guess I just like to see people do different things later on in their careers rather than retreading into things they've already made.

HorrorBiz wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
I agree, I'm a big fan of his work as well. I guess I just like to see people do different things later on in their careers rather than retreading into things they've already made.
Who knows. It could be done totally different from Dazed. I guess I'm just looking for that atmospheric time capsule setting again. With iconic characters of course, though it'll be extremely hard to top Dazed in that category.

Annapurna can do no wrong, and neither can Linklater.