Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:18 pm
Rohan's a troll. Ignore him because you won't have a discussion, it'll just be mindless responses going back and forth constantly.

However, that being said, the animals actually don't look that great. If they need a lot of time to work on it, don't do a bunch of close up reveals in the trailer. *shrugs*
So you agree that the animals don't look good, but you're claiming I'm a troll. You're kind of special, Bacon.

As for giving them time, they certainly have it. The question is, do you or anyone here think that they are going to enhance the CGI and make those animals look as good as the Tiger in Life of Pi?

My answer is, absolutely not.

Serkis literally said this morning on This Morning that he finished the film just last Friday so....

Goddamn yes. About time, I can't wait for this to come out

antovolk wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 4:30 pm
Serkis literally said this morning on This Morning that he finished the film just last Friday so....
Interesting.

Not completely on board yet. However, I have faith in Serkis so I'm optimistic.

These animals are not supposed to be anything like Richard Parker. Serkis was never going for fully realistically looking beasts. There is supposed to be detailed human elements in their features. If you want only talking animals with barely anything in the way of emotion in their appearance there is alway Disney's film for you.£

Really digging the look of the animals, seeing them talk already looks much better than in Favreau's film.

Bale will probably be the MVP and damn, he looks fantastic as Bagheera. Obviously can't wait for the other mo-cap performances either. I mean, look at Blanchett in her mo-cap suit.

Trailers are usually put together quite some time before their release. Hence why you often see quite a difference between the visuals in the trailer and the finished film. I wouldn't be surprised at all this is also the case here.

Rohan wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:46 pm
Bacon wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:18 pm
Rohan's a troll. Ignore him because you won't have a discussion, it'll just be mindless responses going back and forth constantly.

However, that being said, the animals actually don't look that great. If they need a lot of time to work on it, don't do a bunch of close up reveals in the trailer. *shrugs*
So you agree that the animals don't look good, but you're claiming I'm a troll. You're kind of special, Bacon.

As for giving them time, they certainly have it. The question is, do you or anyone here think that they are going to enhance the CGI and make those animals look as good as the Tiger in Life of Pi?

My answer is, absolutely not.
Holy crab dude. You can't be that blind? They aren't going with the realistic look of all the animals. You can tell right away they are going with a stylize version of it. Obviously look at Shere Khan who doesn't look anything like a real tiger. They obviously want to differentiate themselves from the Disney version.

Looks like this version will have a superior voice acting than the POS Disney version. That's what voice acting suppose to be. Not being lazy and just using your own non unique voice. Looking especially at you Scarlett Johansson.

We’re way past calling that voice acting. Mo-cap performance.