Mad Max: The Wasteland (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
Pratham wrote:
QueenofHearts wrote:Well, I think Fury Road took place before Thunderdome, so I would imagine Wasteland would be more about Max's character, but who knows. I have read that Miller has written a lot in the past few years, so we shall see. Not sure if money would be a major problem... I would think timing would be more of an issue. As far as Charlize coming back...not sure, but we will see:-)
Off topic

You forgot your password?
who is it?

I've been racking my brain for the last 10 minutes and I've got nothing
Yes:-) That is me- Im the same person:-) It has been awhile since I logged on and I totally forgot my password and I was having computer trouble- I ended up making a new profile because of all my computer issues..sorry if I befuddled anything:-) But yes, Im the old Queen of Hearts if that makes sense:-) and John Constantine- interesting theory:-)

QueenofHearts wrote: Yes:-) That is me- Im the same person:-) It has been awhile since I logged on and I totally forgot my password and I was having computer trouble- I ended up making a new profile because of all my computer issues..sorry if I befuddled anything:-) But yes, Im the old Queen of Hearts if that makes sense:-) and John Constantine- interesting theory:-)
One more smilie face and I kill a dog.

Crazy Eight- ( Not SilverHeart- Apparently I have gone schizo since I last logged on-just call me Ronnie Kray ha!) I love dogs...so I promise no more smiley faces :oops:

This better get greenlit lol.

Yes, I hope so! I wouldn't mind seeing what else is rolling around in Miller's head. I cant believe that man is 70 years old...hopefully we can at least get one more MM out of him. Brilliant guy :thumbup:

My theater was packed tonight! Should do great over the weekend and hopefully get near 200 Mil overall by Tuesday, which would put it in good shape for a sequel. (assuming 180 mil is its budget including marketing.)

A good parallel is Prometheus. And this has far better reviews and studio support.

Sky007 wrote:My theater was packed tonight! Should do great over the weekend and hopefully get near 200 Mil overall by Tuesday, which would put it in good shape for a sequel. (assuming 180 mil is its budget including marketing.)

A good parallel is Prometheus. And this has far better reviews and studio support.
Hm?

$150m is the low ball estimate for it's production budget, and the distribution/marketing is easily another $100m. Fury Road needs to clear at least $250m to start being profitable.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Sky007 wrote:My theater was packed tonight! Should do great over the weekend and hopefully get near 200 Mil overall by Tuesday, which would put it in good shape for a sequel. (assuming 180 mil is its budget including marketing.)

Hm?

$150m is the low ball estimate for it's production budget, and the distribution/marketing is easily another $100m. Fury Road needs to clear at least $250m to start being profitable.
Ahh my mistake then. I was pegging marketing at 30-40 mil. No idea it's that much. Either way it's done extremely well over the week and 200 mil (hopefully) after 2 weeks for an r rated action flick is pretty great. I'll hope for 350-400 mil overall then.

Edit: Now looking at Prometheus it didn't even make it's 130 mil production budget back in the US, which Fury Road will have done by next week. This is sitting in great shape.

Max's domestic is sturdy and strong even if releasing it next to Pitch Perfect is a mistake they couldn't have predicted ahead of time. The big problem is that the foreign numbers are pretty weak. For a movie already released in most of its territories, a 60m opening weekend is actually quite low.

-Vader

They haven't updated international yet... Memorial Weekend will be now or never but yeah, those aren't the numbers I was hoping for, damn it.