Mad Max: The Wasteland (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I guess that makes it a spin-off/prequel. I would be all for a direct sequel with Max and new characters. Perhaps to bring those and Furiosa and co. back for another sequel.

But is the Furiosa script Mad Max: Wasteland? Are they 2 seperate movies?

I don't need to see Furiosa's story considering it was basically told to us. She's a great character and Theron was amazing (basically a female protagonist in such a huge action movie was great too), but I largely felt her story was done. I liked viewing the established world through Max's eyes trying to figure things out the way he would. That was a large part of the reason my first viewing I was so enthralled.

BlairCo wrote:But is the Furiosa script Mad Max: Wasteland? Are they 2 seperate movies?
Exactly. This is the confusion for me.

Is the Furiosa script the same as Mad Max: The Wasteland?

Because last time I checked The Wasteland was not about Furiosa.

I mean it would be incredibly stupid to have a movie named Mad Max: The Wasteland and then be a Furiosa story.

Miller talks the sequel(s) and Three Thousand Years of Longing:
Are there are two “Fury Road” sequels in the works?

There are two stories, both involving Mad Max, and also a Furiosa story. We’re still solving, we’ve got to play out the Warners thing, it seems to be pretty clear that it’s going to happen.

How did you get into this legal wrangle with Warner Bros. over “Fury Road”?

It all started because of the chaos at Warner Bros. and not Kevin Tsujihara, it was pre all that. He wasn’t the antagonist, because a lot of people didn’t know what was going on and were not prepared to make a definitive stand; everybody was running around fearful, it seems, through three regimes. It was hard to get anyone’s attention, so we went to litigation. The chaos has stabilized and it’s become extremely positive as the dust seems to have settled after [the AT&T merger].

Pre-sales of your original generational romantic epic “Three Thousand Years of Longing,” starring Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton, sold like hotcakes at the Cannes market. Is that what’s next?

I said, “Okay, let’s sit down and look at all the stories I’ve been working on, all the scripts in stages of development banging around in the back of my head.” It’s a Darwinian struggle of survival of the fittest. Of all the stories there’s this one, “Three Thousand Years of Longing,” I’ve wanted to tell. It’s a story in various stages of writing that had to be put aside; it’s been around almost 10 years. We’re starting pre-production before the end of the year and shooting early next year.

But I’ve been there too often when you announce movies are going to happen and then they fall away. It happened three times on “Fury Road,” and eventually we got the damn thing made. We’re just coming out of a meeting as we speak, and we’re well into pre-production on this one. I’m cautiously optimistic. It’s going well.
More here

Development slates at the studios are also in flux. Most executives don’t expect things to get back to normal for several weeks, though a few are taking video and phone meetings as they try to game out films they hope to greenlight in the next 12 months. Director George Miller, for instance, has been meeting with names including Anya Taylor-Joy for his “Furiousa” spin-off, which he hopes to start shooting in 2021.

Of course, Miller is making concessions to coronavirus — those auditions have taken place via Skype.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/holl ... 203543478/

if Mad Max: Fury Road came out in 2020 it would have cured Covid-19

-Vader

BlairCo wrote:
July 12th, 2017, 7:49 pm
But is the Furiosa script Mad Max: Wasteland? Are they 2 seperate movies?
Separate Furiosa thread here, since that's a prequel and this one is a sequel to Fury Road.