Ghost in the Shell (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Rupert Sanders is a hack. :blank:

Allstar wrote:Rupert Sanders is a hack. :blank:
Based on one film? I mean what does that even mean... 'a hack'.

I have like zero confidence in this even with her involvement but is everyone new and mediocre a hack or what?

Snow White isn't excellent in any way, but it's a masterpiece compared to films in its weird sub-genre of revisionist dark fantasy like Maleficent and Dracula Untold. I'm not close to optimistic, but things could be worse.

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:Rupert Sanders is a hack. :blank:
Based on one film? I mean what does that even mean... 'a hack'.

I have like zero confidence in this even with her involvement but is everyone new and mediocre a hack or what?
Well he has one terrible film on his resume. Lets be honest they could have got a more inspired choice for this, like when WB's hired Edwards to do Godzilla.

Sounds like a disaster in the making.

Johansson is such an obvious and uninspiring choice for this.

BlairCo wrote:Johansson is such an obvious and uninspiring choice for this.
Your consistent jabs at Johansson are obvious and uninspiring.
Last edited by Allstar on January 5th, 2015, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cop 223 wrote: Oddly, when I close my eyes and see ScarJo put her hands on her hips and sound assertive and confident. I kinda think she could almost work. But then again my perception is coloured by the great Stand Alone Complex series. In the movie she has a quieter, subdued, more existentially troubled personality to her. It depends on which incarnation they choose to draw from.
I think I still stand by that. If it is more like the show, then it might, just might, almost nearly maybe possibly work. Lots of material to work with. A close remake of the original film is a bad idea.

Allstar wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Johansson is such an obvious and uninspiring choice for this.
Your consistent jabs at Johanssonare obvious and uninspiring.
Hey, I think she's becoming a more consistent actress in the past couple of years (She was excellent in Under the Skin, Don Jon and Her), but Johansson is the kind of actress you would only hear in being 'in talks' for this kind of role. It'll turn this adaptation of Ghost in the Shell into a Scarlett Johansson film.