The Emmy Awards 2014 Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:
Cilogy wrote:wait Sherlock finally win something?

and for it's worst season?
Aren't award shows great.
Lmao I know right :lol: :lol:

Anyway, very glad Cranston and Gunn won their respective awards. Both deserved it and Breaking Bad's final episodes were simply a blast. I would have prefered Dinklage to win over Paul this year, though. Also, Modern Family is awesome and Ty Burrell is awesome as well.

Tbh, Aaron Paul didn't have much to do in the final season. So I would have preferred Dinklage for that category. No other complaints. Really happy that Marguiles won the Best Actress award - it was a very underrated performance.

kanjisheik wrote:Tbh, Aaron Paul didn't have much to do in the final season.
Ummm....

I can't believe Sherlock won in so many categories. C'mon - Both Fargo or even The Normal Heart deserved way more. Thornton getting snubbed over Cumberbatch, for example. Pathetic.

Ruffalo's snub was particularly upsetting. That man gave his heart and soul to that performance.

BlairCo wrote:
Ummm....

the Andrea scene

fuck

BlairCo wrote:
Ummm....

Sure, he had moments that were emotionally very powerful - But so did Dinklage (arguably even more powerful, depending on who you ask). The difference is that, personally, I thought Dinklage truly carried a lot of the weight of the season, while Paul had (comparatively) less to do in the overall story.

didich wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Ummm....

That Andrea scene didn't have much to do with the plot, but boy was it a great character moment.

The final conclusion is that NOBODY will ever predict the Emmys right! :lol:

lemme rant

Modern Family got its fifth fucking win, I mean what the fuck, calm down Academy voters. I watch it, it's funny and clever, but there are better shows out there. Also Jim Parsons won again for a rather stereotypical role in an overhyped, unfunny, formulaic show. Every time I've watched it, I was annoyed more than anything.

It makes me wonder whether the Academy thumbs their nose at shows like OITNB because they're not part of "traditional television".

fuck these award shows