The Conjuring 2 (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
New Line has set its “Conjuring” sequel for a pre-Halloween release on Oct. 23, 2015, with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga returning to star.

The yet-to-be titled sequel, which does not have a director yet, is the first title to land on the date.

New Line scored a massive surprise hit last summer with James Wan’s supernatural thriller “The Conjuring,” which amassed about $320 million in worldwide box office on a $20 million budget.

New Line had already begun development of a sequel before the movie opened last July. Chief exec Toby Emmerich told Variety in December that “Conjuring 2” would tap a similar vein as the first film, which largely avoided conventional horror film ploy while exploring demonic possession.

“‘The Conjuring’ is incredibly effective and scary without the use of blood, gore and death,” he said at time. “It’s a horror film that emphasizes atmosphere and suspense in the tradition of classics like ‘Psycho’ or ‘The Others.’”

Set in Rhode Island in 1971, the story is based on the work of real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren — portrayed by Wilson and Farmiga. Ron Livingston and Lili Taylor played the father and mother of the five Perron girls who were terrorized by the haunted house.

The team of Carey Hayes and Chad Hayes, who penned “The Conjuring,” came on board as writers for the sequel last summer. The brothers interviewed Lorraine Warren extensively as part of developing the script.

Warner Bros. had originally dated “The Conjuring” for Jan. 25 of last year but then decided to move it back to the summer as a result of the test screening results. Producers are Rob Cowan, Peter Safran and Tony DeRosa-Grund.

Emmerich has said Wan is expected to be involved in some capacity with the sequel.

New Line has already started filming “Annabelle,” a spin-off based on a possessed doll introduced in “The Conjuring.”
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/patri ... 201121079/

'Rumor: ‘The Conjuring 2′ Will Send the Warrens to 1970s England'
The case file they’re looking at [occurs] in the late ’70s and centers on two sisters in Enfield, England, who were allegedly possessed. Warren said she personally saw them levitate and even saw one of the sister dematerialize in front of her only to be found 20 minutes later stuffed into an oversized fuse box, contorted in such an unnatural way that they couldn’t have replicated it if they tried. She also said that the demon spoke directly to her husband on many occasions. Warren cited this case as one of the most terrifying experiences of her career.
http://screenrant.com/the-conjuring-2-s ... t-setting/

Need to see who they get to direct but I'm in regardless, love the pairing of Farmiga and Wilson and want to see more adventures with them.

Loved the first one so this is fantastic news.

Without Wan, this could go real bad... I hope not though

ComptonTerry wrote:Without Wan, this could go real bad... I hope not though
True but you think they would at least be able to get a solid director coming off a huge commercial and critical success. Also it should be noted the same screenwriters from the first are returning.

there's a pun here, I know it

Allstar wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Without Wan, this could go real bad... I hope not though
True but you think they would at least be able to get a solid director coming off a huge commercial and critical success. Also it should be noted the same screenwriters from the first are returning.

Yeah I see your point.

Hopefully it's not what Insidious 2 was to insidious. The Conjuring is a fun movie. I loved it, but I have no idea why people think it's one of the scariest horror films in recent years. It's the equivalent of taking a tour through a haunted attraction at a theme park. Due to being such a fun movie, it was one of the best experience I've ever had with a horror film in a theater with a large audience.

I love Patrick Wilson and Verga, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

I didn't know Patrick and Vera were returning. Now I'm a little bit more excited for this.

Can't wait :clap:

This might be a bit far fetched but I would love if they got Matt Reeves to do this. He has some experience in horror with Let Me In and to an extent Cloverfield, and he's got a great visual eye. He'll probably want to take a break though before heading into the next Apes film.

A more realistic possibility would be Andrés Muschietti.