The Conjuring 2 (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:There is if it's all unintentionally funny.

Also, if you want to compare it to a serious film of this ilk, The Exorcist, all the characters are just farts in jars. Boring as hell.
okay so it's not as good as the exorcist.
it goes above and beyond compared to contemporary horror films. not saying that's saying much but credit where it's due
Indeed.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:it goes above and beyond compared to contemporary horror films. not saying that's saying much but credit where it's due
I don't really think so. Livingston and his family are just... there, there's not even lip service paid towards characterisation.

I think people just like that Wan's style is staid and classical. But you even look at something like The Haunting and it's character, character, character. This is just situation, and once you move past that... *shrug*.

I didn't even like The Orphanage that much, but it does character much better.

ArmandFancypants wrote:I don't really think so. Livingston and his family are just... there, there's not even lip service paid towards characterisation.

I think people just like that Wan's style is staid and classical. But you even look at something like The Haunting and it's character, character, character. This is just situation, and once you move past that... *shrug*.

I didn't even like The Orphanage that much, but it does character much better.
You're missing the nuances in the characterizations. Farmiga's character in particular is reminiscent of a character written by George R.R. Martin.

Like what?

And I'm talking about the family. Wilson and Farmiga are sufficiently fruity... but is it about them or are they the troubleshooters or what?

Also, lawl at Martin being your yardstick, but whatever.

:sick:

ChristNolan wrote::sick:
:blank: