The Conjuring 2 (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dream-Xtractor wrote:This might be a bit far fetched but I would love if they got Matt Reeves to do this. He has some experience in horror with Let Me In and to an extent Cloverfield, and he's got a great visual eye. He'll probably want to take a break though before heading into the next Apes film.
Would be great but yeah not happening. Next Apes is dated for 2016 and he is working on the script on this one.
A more realistic possibility would be Andrés Muschietti.
Solid choice, I also think David Sale or Fede Alvarez would be decent choices. Just don't get some complete hack and I'll be fine.

aha!

Conjure Quicker

there we go

Allstar wrote: Solid choice, I also think David Sale or Fede Alvarezwould be decent choices. Just don't get some complete hack and I'll be fine.
Good shout, liked his work on Evil Dead.

Yawn.

First one was a pretty thin piece of work. So po-faced it was hilarious.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Yawn.

First one was a pretty thin piece of work. So po-faced it was hilarious.
Nothing wrong with taking a serious approach for once. :roll:

There is if it's all unintentionally funny.

Also, if you want to compare it to a serious film of this ilk, The Exorcist, all the characters are just farts in jars. Boring as hell.

ArmandFancypants wrote:There is if it's all unintentionally funny.
How is it unintentionally funny? We have enough campy horror films these days, this was a refreshing change of pace.

Because it treats such guff so seriously without any sort of balance or perspective. It's drivel, I don't know what people have got themselves wrapped up in.

Still waiting for your response in the Controversial movies thread, mate.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Still waiting for your response in the Controversial movies thread, mate.
:lol: Well I hope you're patient. He's much too busy scoffing at the "pretense" of your detailed, well-reasoned argument and falsely conflating interesting character work with thematic substance.

ArmandFancypants wrote:There is if it's all unintentionally funny.

Also, if you want to compare it to a serious film of this ilk, The Exorcist, all the characters are just farts in jars. Boring as hell.
okay so it's not as good as the exorcist.
it goes above and beyond compared to contemporary horror films. not saying that's saying much but credit where it's due