The Conjuring 2 (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm sure he'll do a Wanderful job directing the sequel.

I'm glad Wan is coming back.

Honestly, I couldn't picture anyone else directing this. The foundations were laid out by him, he's got great chemistry with the talented cast and he just happens to be the best damn horror director out there today. The story also has great potential.

Titled The Conjuring: The Enfield Poltergeist.

Jesus between this and Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension horror movies have had some terrible titles lately.

Title is fine imo. It is about the Enfield Poltergeist after all.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Title is fine imo. It is about the Enfield Poltergeist after all.
Yeah so did Wan kidnap and Clockwork Orange you into worshipping him like Jews love burning bushes or is this thing consensual?

-Vader

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Title is fine imo. It is about the Enfield Poltergeist after all.
Agreed.

Vader182 wrote:
Yeah so did Wan kidnap and Clockwork Orange you into worshipping him like Jews love burning bushes or is this thing consensual?

-Vader
Wan has had 4 huge hits in a row, three of them horror which happens to be my favourite genre and he does it better than anyone else. Forgive me if i'm being overly fanbottish at the moment, but I don't think people really appreciate just how good and successful a filmmaker he really is on here. I think some of you have started to open your eyes now that you've seen F7, but there's no question he's one of Hollywood's prized assets right now.

Allstar wrote:
Agreed.
Allstar wrote:
The Conjuring-

A breath of fresh air for the horror genre. Director James Wan delivers a moody, atmospheric and tense experience from the opening frame to the end credits. Audiences are becoming more used to found footage or really low budget horror, this is made at more modest budget with 20 million and man does it show. The shots Wan creates throughout really makes you feel you are in the house and the framing is precise. Anyway the film follows paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga respectively who are approached by a family to investigate their house after experiencing supernatural occurrences. Where the story goes from here, I will not mention but it is thrilling and exciting. As far as the acting goes which in the horror genre is generally famous for being not so good, hammy ect… Here it is fabulous! It helps when you have veterans like Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson leading the way but it also just happens to be that these characters are very well written and you actually care for them, which again is something rare in horror films. I think the standout here is Farmiga who plays a complex role of a character who has seen too many ugly things in her life that slowly breaks her down, this is all showed in the terrific performance. A triumph by director James Wan! This is my second, maybe even favorite movie of the year thus far.

Wan Rises!

A-
:clap: 8-)

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Wan has had 4 huge hits in a row, three of them horror which happens to be my favourite genre and he does it better than anyone else. Forgive me if i'm being overly fanbottish at the moment, but I don't think people really appreciate just how good and successful a filmmaker he really is on here. I think some of you have started to open your eyes now that you've seen F7, but there's no question he's one of Hollywood's prized assets right now.
So, his least good of his successful movies opened people's eyes? You never cease to amaze me.

I never knew, honestly I never knew, the true definition of fanboyism until seeing you on here these last few days/weeks.