The Conjuring 2 (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Exorcist meets Poltergeist.

While I do appreciate the original and thought it was one of the better horror films of the last years... I still miss the really good ones.

Unfortunately... this is pretty much all we got so there's nothing else to get excited for but this. :cry:

Fingers crossed for The Witch next month. Way too many times horror praise nowadays means it's a four star movie at best. For example I liked It Follows very, very much, but would never give it five stars. We need a horror renaissance.

There's also "The Forest" which should open any day. So there's like 3-4 every year that give hope but only one usually ends up being actually decent.

1 max 2 horror movies per year that are decent? We really need something lol.

Action genre gets the best stuff every year, which makes sense since horror and SF are niche, but still, come on, wake up you lazy talents.

This looks really good, aesthetically, even though we've seen that imagery a dozen times before.

Incredible.

The end of the trailer was a little dumb but they got my money. The first was one of my favorite horror films in decades, and you can watch it more than Babadook or It Follows.

Hmm didn't love the trailer. But the first movie was great, so I'll see this.

Where's Dream? :blank:
RIFA wrote:There's also "The Forest" which should open any day. So there's like 3-4 every year that give hope but only one usually ends up being actually decent.

1 max 2 horror movies per year that are decent? We really need something lol.
Maybe not the appropiate place to ask about it, but which were your thoughts on It Follows?