Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Del Toro>Phoenix

Dude is the king of behavior.

Allstar wrote:Del Toro>Phoenix

Dude is the king of behavior.
Both are great.

Phoenix is my favorite actor, but del Toro can act in his sleep, and it would still be incredible.

I'm getting kind of sick of Phoenix's snobbery tbh.

Big studios seem to never disappoint with Phoenix, Mortensen or Day-Lewis.£

Allstar wrote:I'm getting kind of sick of Phoenix's snobbery tbh.
I don't think it's snobbery. The dude just doesn't care for roles in big movies anymore as he seems to not want the fame so much.

And honestly as long as he keeps giving great performances like he has been, you shouldn't really care that much.

Joaquin gets a lifetime pass from me after what happened outside The Viper Room on October 31, 1993.

The Taxman wrote:
I don't think it's snobbery. The dude just doesn't care for roles in big movies anymore as he seems to not want the fame so much.

And honestly as long as he keeps giving great performances like he has been, you shouldn't really care that much.
He's at a point in his career where he doesn't have to take a blockbuster to then take on that indie film that he actually cares about.

Crazy Eight wrote:
The Taxman wrote:

He's at a point in his career where he doesn't have to take a blockbuster to then take on that indie film that he actually cares about.
Yeah, exactly.

Del Toro is great though. I've loved just about every bit of casting news for the new trilogy.