Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I agree. I still have my fingers crossed that either Blomkamp, Gunn, or Lord and Miller will get a spinoff or something.

This is a fucking home run, wow.

Like Nolan home run.

Excellent choice! I love what they are doing so far with this.

Rian Johnson is the sharpest young writer/director out there. Shades of an early Nolan.

Since it seems he's only writing a treatment for Episode IX, I wonder who they'll get for that? Either way, with Johnson at the helm, this has potential to be the new Empire.

Star Wars is absolutely owning MCU for the choice of directors

All great and gutsy choices (maybe except Abrams that was obvious, but still awesome)

Forum Pro
Vader182 wrote:Bad move.

-Vader
Explain.

Ohhhhh fuck yes

Might want to clarify the title, Johnson apparently is only writing IX.

m4st4 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Bad move.

-Vader
Explain.
Johnson is an idea man. The strongest aspects of Looper are conceptual, not cinematic. Star Wars is what people mean when they say the movies, that abstract notion of romanticizing the movie going experience that, while it happens to us film fans all the time, it somehow, for one night, makes everyone feel like a serious enthusiast of film. In a word (or two): movie magic. It isn't intellectual, it isn't cerebral. It's an eyes-wide-open thrill ride; it's unapologetic, unadulterated adventure. Star Wars is pure cinema. But none of these qualities have been present in Johnson's work. I'm puzzled and disappointed by this choice.

-Vader