Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Benicio Del Toro > Guillermo del Toro

Allstar wrote:Benicio Del Toro > Guillermo del Toro
Lol

Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (“Jane the Virgin”), Golden Globe nominee Tatiana Maslany (“Orphan Black”) and “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl” star Olivia Cooke are considered the top contenders for the new female lead in Rian Johnson‘s “Star Wars: Episode VIII,” multiple individuals familiar with the casting situation told TheWrap.

Insiders insist it’s early in the casting process and that Johnson is still auditioning actresses, with several rising stars yet to read for him. Others suggest that Johnson is narrowing down the field and that Rodriguez, Maslany and Cooke will be among a group of girls slated to chemistry-read with “The Force Awakens” star John Boyega before the end of the month.
http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-episod ... ive/#.dpuf

Maslany or GTFO.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Maslany or GTFO.
Let's not do something silly like this again, like everyone with "Mara or GTFO" with Rogue One. :roll:

Anyway, it is very interesting that Maslany is up for a part again after coming very close to getting Rogue One. Also, yay for Johnson adding another significant female role to the mix.

Maslany would be nice, especially since she was already considered for Rogue One.

I'm not too familiar with any of them. It can be refreshing not to have too much of an opinion.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'm not too familiar with any of them. It can be refreshing not to have too much of an opinion.

-Vader
I think more names will pop up. Cooke is a good naturalistic performer.

What I find interesting is that Cooke is 21 while Maslany and Rodriguez are 30 and 31 respectively. That's a pretty big gap if you ask me.

Allstar wrote:I think more names will pop up. Cooke is a good naturalistic performer.
Thoughts on Me and Earl and the Dying Girl?£

‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ Female Lead Shortlist Includes Gina Rodriguez, Tatiana Maslany and Olivia Cooke

http://collider.com/star-wars-8-female- ... via-cooke/

Stealth Edit: Chemistry reads with Boyega. Hm... Possible pairing with Finn while Poe+Rey (I love you-I know silly)?