Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Alberto wrote:
bootsy wrote: It's a fucking movie man not life or death.
The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are fucking movies.
Along with Jedi, Strikes Back, etc. It's a fucking movie.

Ruth wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Johnson is an idea man. The strongest aspects of Looper are conceptual, not cinematic. Star Wars is what people mean when they say the movies, that abstract notion of romanticizing the movie going experience that, while it happens to us film fans all the time, it somehow, for one night, makes everyone feel like a serious enthusiast of film. In a word (or two): movie magic. It isn't intellectual, it isn't cerebral. It's an eyes-wide-open thrill ride; it's unapologetic, unadulterated adventure. Star Wars is pure cinema. But none of these qualities have been present in Johnson's work. I'm puzzled and disappointed by this choice.

-Vader
LOL at this. Somebody get this kid some tissues. Get over it man. Puzzled and disappointed :roll: It's a fucking movie man not life or death. You'll be right there in the theaters like everybody else when this comes out.
dude. some people care more about cinema than you'll ever be able to imagine
Some people confuse cinema with more important things in life.

bootsy wrote:
Alberto wrote:
bootsy wrote: It's a fucking movie man not life or death.
The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are fucking movies.
Along with Jedi, Strikes Back, etc. It's a fucking movie.
So.. they're all as good, in your opinion, cause they're all movies?

bootsy wrote:LOL at this. Somebody get this kid some tissues. Get over it man. Puzzled and disappointed :roll: It's a fucking movie man not life or death. You'll be right there in the theaters like everybody else when this comes out.
What a clown you are. Then what are you doing on NolanFans? GTFO with that surface level attitude.

It's a fucking movie. I hear that from stupid morons who think movies are mp4s you get on a hard drive once a month and watch to spend some boring Sunday time.
Last edited by m4st4 on June 20th, 2014, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alberto wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Alberto wrote: Along with Jedi, Strikes Back, etc. It's a fucking movie.
So.. they're all as good, in your opinion, cause they're all movies?
No. But thanks for trying to twist around my point. :roll:

I have two counter points. The first is that Insomnia is incredibly cinematic, albeit in a somewhat different style from his later films, but there's an incredibly linear trajectory in Nolan's filmography. For that reason, this isn't a "Nolan situation." The second point is that this is a move of trust. They trust him to bring out a style he hasn't before. This is a risk. It's a roll of the dice, by definition. With something as precious as Star Wars, "never tell me the odds" doesn't sit well with me. Thus, it's a bad move. Maybe he'll surprise us, maybe he won't.

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
bootsy wrote:LOL at this. Somebody get this kid some tissues. Get over it man. Puzzled and disappointed :roll: It's a fucking movie man not life or death. You'll be right there in the theaters like everybody else when this comes out.
What a clown you are. Then what are you doing on NolanFans? GTFO with that surface level attitude.
Fuck you asswipe. I'm a clown because I'm not disappointed and puzzled about a director making a Star Wars movie. Shut the fuck piece of shit.
Last edited by bootsy on June 20th, 2014, 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vader182 wrote:I have two counter points. The first is that Insomnia is incredibly cinematic, albeit in a somewhat different style from his later films, but there's an incredibly linear trajectory in Nolan's filmography. For that reason, this isn't a "Nolan situation." The second point is that this is a move of trust. They trust him to bring out a style he hasn't before. This is a risk. It's a roll of the dice, by definition. With something as precious as Star Wars, "never tell me the odds" doesn't sit well with me. Thus, it's a bad move. Maybe he'll surprise us, maybe he won't.

-Vader
Nolan was a risk.

bootsy wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Fuck you asswiple. I'm a clown because I'm not disappointed and puzzled about a director making a Star Wars. Shut the fuck piece of shit.
:lol: You fucking clown, honestly. IMDb is the place for you. ;)

bootsy wrote:No. But thanks for trying to twist around my point. :roll:
I'm not trying to twist anything.

You just said that people shouldn't care that much because it's "just a fucking movie". In that case, that rule should apply to every movie so we shouldn't care if a movie is better than other because they're all just "fucking movies".

So excuse me for caring, but I want a great movie, not just a fucking movie.
Last edited by Alberto on June 20th, 2014, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.