Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
Master Virgo wrote:The fella is not a noob, so she or he's allowed to vote however she/he likes. Many people vote based on how much they like or dislike stuff. They don't put into factor the quality of acting or cinematography, etc. And that is completely understandable.£
OK, thanks.
Willem wrote:Some shithead on Twitter who I follow(ed) just completely fucking spoiled the film. Some people.
Why have you not seen it yet???
m4st4 wrote:
Lol that intro...
Video any good?

I found her critical review of Rogue One hilarious, even if I disagreed.

A- from me. Not sure what that translation is on a scale of 1-10.

I honestly have trouble talking about this movie. I definitely liked it when I watched it, but I also do agree with a lot of the complaints I've read afterwards. And there are things that I still don't understand or haven't processed yet. I didn't plan on watching this more than once, but I think I have to.

okungnyo wrote:
Willem wrote:Some shithead on Twitter who I follow(ed) just completely fucking spoiled the film. Some people.
Because I’ve been busy with school. Going to watch it around Christmas probably.

Skyab23 wrote:A- from me. Not sure what that translation is on a scale of 1-10.
Virgo will decide for you :batman:

NFometer: 85% [↓ 2%]
Based on the Ratings of 36 Members
Average Score: (8.1/10) [↓ 0.2]

Positive

ArmandFancypants (9.5/10)
The Taxman (9.5/10)
LelekPL (9.5/10)*
m4st4 (9/10)
Michaelf2225 (9/10)
AhmadAli95 (9/10)
natalie (9/10)
Nomis (9/10)
Ruth (9/10)
Baniac (9/10)
JAWS_Fan17 (9/10)
elemunt (9/10)
Cilogy (9/10)
CoolwhipSpecial (9/10)
Sky007 (8.7/10)*
Allstar (8.7/10)
Skyab23 (8.6/10)*
antovolk (8.5/10)
DoubleD (8.5/10)*
07212017 (8.5/10)
Panapaok (8.5/10)
BlairCo (8.5/10)
IWatchFilmsNotMovies (8.5/10)
Sanchez (8.5/10)
spade (8/10)
Benzilla (8/10)
Law (8/10)
Bacon (7.7/10)

Mixed to Positive

Pioneerr (7/10)
Batfan175 (7/10)
Biribiri (6.5/10)*
Thedarknight628 (6.5/10)
shauner111 (6.5/10)*

Mixed

mosh89 (6/10)

Mixed to Negative

MagnarTheGreat (4.5/10)

Negative

Tourmie (1/10)

£

Despite any flaws (which I do acknowledge), none of these detracted from my overall enjoyment of the film. I feel that despite aspects of contrived writing that exists from scene-to-scene at times, I think it all adds up to a deeply unique whole on a thematic level. It's a Star Wars film that forces the viewer to respond on an entirely different wavelength.

I think for those who simply call it subversive are downplaying it. It's messy and undoubtedly has TOO much going on but lands it's point. It's a film about letting go of the past and moving on and of course that's upsetting a lot of fans who are holding on to the past and refuse to move on. It almost says more about the fanbase in my mind.

The things that don't work don't detract from the overall success of what DOES work. I give it an A-.

It doesn't really surprise me that some of the most ardent haters of the film seem to be those passionate anti-SJW/gamergate types. They might not consider themselves traditionalists, but they really don't like change. Or people messing with their toys.

Oku
Willem wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
Because I’ve been busy with school. Going to watch it around Christmas probably.
That sucks; hang in there...
BraveLittlePoster wrote:It doesn't really surprise me that some of the most ardent haters of the film seem to be those passionate anti-SJW/gamergate types. They might not consider themselves traditionalists, but they really don't like change. Or people messing with their toys.
Don't forget to reserve these usernames for when you get banned next...

BraveLittleBoaster
BraveLittleCoaster
BraveLittleRoaster

Johnson on the film's most impressive shot:

http://www.businessinsider.com/star-war ... sh-2017-12
Johnson: [Laughs.] It was an early image that I had. I really love that slow-motion shot of Kylo and Rey back-to-back with the guards coming from all the sides in Snoke's chambers. And look, there were a lot of people whose work went into it to design the space and the guards, the stunt work, but that was a moment that I had just always held dear to me, and it's one of those very rare things where the realization of it on screen I just feel like, "Ah, we got it!" It makes me happy
Totally agree. The audience in my theater went absolute bonkers at this shot, and it just managed to turn the film to something completely different.