Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Didn't like Looper that much and in this case I agree with Vader.

Would like to be proven wrong tho.

Looper was fantastic, such a gem. Rian has this on lock 8-)

RIFA wrote:Didn't like Looper that much and in this case I agree with Vader.

Would like to be proven wrong tho.
I liked Looper but Brick is my fav from him (a better movie imo)

I'm sure he will change his style in many ways for Star Wars. Like Nolan is doing with Interstellar.

Personally I'm thrilled he is getting full reign with the script. The guy definitely knows Star Wars and I'm sure his goal is to make a great Star Wars film first and foremost. Just like his goal with Breaking Bad was to make a great Breaking Bad ep without putting too much of his personal touch on it.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
I don't like Breaking Bad. Seeing the early episodes turned me off at the concept and that was it for me.
:facepalm:

I remember back when Abrams was announced to direct episode VII I made list of directors whom I would like to direct episodes VIII and XI.
At the top of the list I had Brad Bird and Alfonso Cuarón. Then I had Duncan Jones and Rian Johnson as third and fourth.
So I am pretty happy with the directors Disney has chosen.
Last edited by MyCocaine on June 20th, 2014, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vader182 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Bad move.

-Vader
Explain.
Johnson is an idea man. The strongest aspects of Looper are conceptual, not cinematic. Star Wars is what people mean when they say the movies, that abstract notion of romanticizing the movie going experience that, while it happens to us film fans all the time, it somehow, for one night, makes everyone feel like a serious enthusiast of film. In a word (or two): movie magic. It isn't intellectual, it isn't cerebral. It's an eyes-wide-open thrill ride; it's unapologetic, unadulterated adventure. Star Wars is pure cinema. But none of these qualities have been present in Johnson's work. I'm puzzled and disappointed by this choice.

-Vader
Honestly, I'm unsure about Johnson being involved, but we quite literally have an entire fansite devoted to someone who has proven your theory wrong.

Vader182 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Bad move.

-Vader
Explain.
Johnson is an idea man. The strongest aspects of Looper are conceptual, not cinematic. Star Wars is what people mean when they say the movies, that abstract notion of romanticizing the movie going experience that, while it happens to us film fans all the time, it somehow, for one night, makes everyone feel like a serious enthusiast of film. In a word (or two): movie magic. It isn't intellectual, it isn't cerebral. It's an eyes-wide-open thrill ride; it's unapologetic, unadulterated adventure. Star Wars is pure cinema. But none of these qualities have been present in Johnson's work. I'm puzzled and disappointed by this choice.

-Vader
LOL at this. Somebody get this kid some tissues. Get over it man. Puzzled and disappointed :roll: It's a fucking movie man not life or death. You'll be right there in the theaters like everybody else when this comes out.

bootsy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
LOL at this. Somebody get this kid some tissues. Get over it man. Puzzled and disappointed :roll: It's a fucking movie man not life or death. You'll be right there in the theaters like everybody else when this comes out.
dude. some people care more about cinema than you'll ever be able to imagine

bootsy wrote: It's a fucking movie man not life or death.
The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are fucking movies.