Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:Johnson's clip already looks better than Abrams'
I can't say it looks better but it certainly looks quite different visually already.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
That video would tend to suggest that this film will start at the literal moment the previous one ended.

First for everything I suppose. Anything to wipe that atrocious final shot of TFA from my mind.
Yeah, that will be especially strange if true. What could the opening crawl possibly tell us if that's the case?

Cilogy wrote:Johnson's clip already looks better than Abrams'

also, Dern is more than welcome
It does. Shot of the island and that close up of Luke look incredible.

Johnson has a better chance of hitting a grand slam than Abrams did. Been saying that since day 1.

I like the music too, hope there's more of that in the final product

I do expect the second episode to be more in line with my preference but I also expect a more unconventional and possibly more divisive result. Mostly because Johnson unlike Abrams has never been an audience filmmaker. (After all among the five films Abrams has made three have earned "A" for their cinemascores while the only cinemascore for any of Johnson films has been a "B") Maybe in due time it will be appreciated higher than the first one just like Empire, but I'm willing to bet it will be a different kind of beast and might surprise people who would come for more of the same thing.£

Master Virgo wrote:I do expect the second episode to be more in line with my preference but I also expect a more unconventional and possibly more divisive result. Mostly because Johnson unlike Abrams has never been an audience filmmaker. (After all among the five films Abrams has made three have earned "A" for their cinemascores while the only cinemascore for any of Johnson films has been a "B") Maybe in due time it will be appreciated higher than the first one just like Empire, but I'm willing to bet it will be a different kind of beast and might surprise people who would come for more of the same thing.£
Great news. Completely agree.

I think Rian is terrific for this. Love that Del Toro and Dern are part of the cast.

antovolk wrote:
Nice.

:lol: :clap: