Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:Might want to clarify the title, Johnson apparently is only writing IX.
How's that?

I only have so many characters to work with.

Such an amazing group of directors. Also I think episode IX will be directed by Brad Bird since he was the first choice to direct VII. Unless of course he in the middle of production on another film.

I am very excited and happy for Rian Johnson. I know he'll knock it out of the booty.

Vader182 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Bad move.

-Vader
Explain.
Johnson is an idea man. The strongest aspects of Looper are conceptual, not cinematic. Star Wars is what people mean when they say the movies, that abstract notion of romanticizing the movie going experience that, while it happens to us film fans all the time, it somehow, for one night, makes everyone feel like a serious enthusiast of film. In a word (or two): movie magic. It isn't intellectual, it isn't cerebral. It's an eyes-wide-open thrill ride; it's unapologetic, unadulterated adventure. Star Wars is pure cinema. But none of these qualities have been present in Johnson's work. I'm puzzled and disappointed by this choice.

-Vader
Brick and Breaking Bad (directed some of the best episodes)? Dude's at Nolan's place before Begins right now.

He directed fucking Ozymandias. (5.14 of BB)

Dude's a legend.

MyCocaine wrote:Such an amazing group of directors. Also I think episode IX will be directed by Brad Bird since he was the first choice to direct VII. Unless of course he in the middle of production on another film.
He would be a great choice imo. And if he is their choice, hopefully he knows this already and will accommodate his schedule.

Bookmark this: Getting Rian Johnson involved with Star Wars is the best move a franchise has made since WB signed Nolan to do Batman.

Home. Run.

Does this means we'll se JGL in SW?

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:He directed fucking Ozymandias. (5.14 of BB)

Dude's a legend.
BEST EPISODE OF BREAKING BAD (TM).
ChristNolan wrote:Bookmark this: Getting Rian Johnson involved with Star Wars is the best move a franchise has made since WB signed Nolan to do Batman.

Home. Run.
Agreed.

m4st4 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:He directed fucking Ozymandias. (5.14 of BB)

Dude's a legend.
BEST EPISODE OF BREAKING BAD (TM).
It really is.