Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Not like for like. Christmas Eve on Sunday this year

ArmandFancypants wrote:Not like for like. Christmas Eve on Sunday this year
btw are you bothered TFA and TLJ takes place over less than a week lol
particularly in respect to Rey equally Kylo's powers (they can't steal the saber from one another) after not even knowing she had force powers as of a week ago and had no training, etc
EDIT: I ask because you particularly and vocally didn't care for Rey's huge increase of power over a short time in TFA

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:You’re the one who said it’s bombing. Sure, profit potential is always the sky with Star Wars, but for a forward thinking product this is more than solid.
I think it is bombing, I was wondering what it takes to be called a big disappointment at the box office for people in general? Some people just assume that if something makes a profit then it was successful.

Vader182 wrote:
particularly in respect to Rey equally Kylo's powers (they can't steal the saber from one another) after not even knowing she had force powers as of a week ago and had no training, etc
EDIT: I ask because you particularly and vocally didn't care for Rey's huge increase of power over a short time in TFA

-Vader
IMO, somehow this has to get some sort of explanation in IX. Not being part of the Skywalker lineage or any other is ok to me but we've got to get something.

Also, people on ign really hate this film. Just check out (or don't lol) any comment section on any TLJ article.

Nevertheless, still not sure when I can see this again but I really want to.

Empire always seems like it takes place over like 3 days.

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
In a word: slightly
Space Leia makes me feel better about Reys powers, it has taken the focus off formal training and into instinct

It's certainly the most, uh, cataclymisic couple of days in the gffa

I got the impression
Rey's training is relatively as incomplete as Luke's was in Empire.

Not to mention the fact that Luke tells her she's going to have 3 lessons and they never get around to the third.

Cilogy wrote:I got the impression
Rey's training is relatively as incomplete as Luke's was in Empire.

Not to mention the fact that Luke tells her she's going to have 3 lessons and they never get around to the third.
Third lesson is lifting rocks