Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Yeah, great post man. One thing you won't hear me complaining about with The Last Jedi is all of the points you touch on. Rian does this thing where he celebrates the mythology and 7 movie narrative and takes the text more literally than any previous filmmaker has in the Star Wars universe and makes that the engine of his movie. It's great.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 12:02 am
Yeah, great post man. One thing you won't hear me complaining about with The Last Jedi is all of the points you touch on. Rian does this thing where he celebrates the mythology and 7 movie narrative and takes the text more literally than any previous filmmaker has in the Star Wars universe and makes that the engine of his movie. It's great.

-Vader
Vader, did you ever rate Last Jedi?

It is now the top grossing movie of 2017.£

Only the studios have a stake in the financial performance of these films and box office results. As a member of the audience I don't really care which movie is the highest-grossing film of which year or how much a film makes, even if I consider the film in question to be good. I have seen a good film by that point so the rest is irrelevant to my experience.

Batfan175 wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 12:30 pm
Only the studios have a stake in the financial performance of these films and box office results. As a member of the audience I don't really care which movie is the highest-grossing film of which year or how much a film makes, even if I consider the film in question to be good. I have seen a good film by that point so the rest is irrelevant to my experience.
Why are you constantly informing members of this forum of the stuff that everybody already knows about, and quite well?

Honestly.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 11:38 am
It is now the top grossing movie of 2017.£
wow, what a flop

m4st4 wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 12:44 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 12:30 pm
Why are you constantly informing members of this forum of the stuff that everybody already knows about, and quite well?

Honestly.
How do you know that everybody knows? I have often seen DC and Marvel fandoms argue over which films made more money and are hence better movies so that would mean that many do not seem to realize that the box office shouldn't matter to the discussion.

I see. You don’t even understand what you’re responding to.

Ok, again. I said ‘why are you constantly posting things about yourself everybody is well aware of for quite some time’; Virgo posted a fact and left the thread, he didn’t give you any extra info or his personal opinion beyond that. And your response to that is ‘but I got to tell these fictional new members how numbers aren’t important and I couldn’t care less I have my own opinion that has nothing to do with box office, can everybody level with me’?

That’s cool. However, there are quite a lot of us who follow b.o. Not because it’s going to validate our opinion, or deflate it somehow. But because it’s fun. B.O. statistics are fun for some of us and it’s interesting trying to predict all the various factors that could lead to film’s success, or failure. It can actually give you some solid data on the sort of audiences nowadays, across the world.

But you stay edgy. End tell us how you’re edgy every single time, please.