Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dobson wrote:Came back from the screening a couple of hours ago, had to read stuff and process the movie. I don't know what I could possibly add to the discussion at the moment though lol. Please put me down for a 9.5/10.
I'd put it down as a inconsistent yet enjoyable 3/5.
I think TLJ has re-established not only the wonder and creativity in the SW universe but also the broad daftness of it all,which is why I think Lucas has reportedly liked the film.

Hux basically became a caricature in this. Gleeson overacts once again. The only thing interesting about him is his position. I did really like that he intended to shoot Kylo and I think such thinking will get him killed in IX.

Gleeson has certainly hammed it up in these past 2 films.And personally dont mind that.
I wouldn't put it past his character surviving the eventual big explosive climax of this trilogy though.
The film more often than not did remind me of a saturday morning kids cartoon.And I'm ok with that.

Nomis wrote:
Hux basically became a caricature in this. Gleeson overacts once again. The only thing interesting about him is his position. I did really like that he intended to shoot Kylo and I think such thinking will get him killed in IX.
He was already a caricature. Now he's a funny one.

"What. Happened." is brilliant :lol:

Yeah I can't believe people were truly scared by Hux in TFA :wtf:

He was a boring caricature and by far the best character rescue by Rian alongside Poe

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Nomis wrote:
He was already a caricature. Now he's a funny one.

"What. Happened." is brilliant :lol:
lol him being a comic relief as well is not helping me

I hope they get rid off him asap

Lol have you guys seen it’s second weekend performance? What a box office bomb.

Sure it’s underperforming. Jumanji is overperforming. The movie itself is breaking new ground and TFA hype was way too high for obvious reasons. But it’s undeperforming on its way to 1.2-1.4 billion, possibly more.

A bomb?! :lol: Would be a nice clickbait article.

m4st4 wrote:Sure it’s underperforming. Jumanji is overperforming. The movie itself is breaking new ground and TFA hype was way too high for obvious reasons. But it’s undeperforming on its way to 1.2-1.4 billion, possibly more.

A bomb?! :lol: Would be a nice clickbait article.
I’m always curious as what can be considered a bomb though. Sure it can make a good profit, but the profit potential for these films is ridiculous to where this might be underperforming by half a billion dollars when it’s all said and done.

You’re the one who said it’s bombing. Sure, profit potential is always the sky with Star Wars, but for a forward thinking product this is more than solid.