Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 487
Joined: December 2017
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dobson wrote:Came back from the screening a couple of hours ago, had to read stuff and process the movie. I don't know what I could possibly add to the discussion at the moment though lol. Please put me down for a 9.5/10.
I'd put it down as a inconsistent yet enjoyable 3/5.
I think TLJ has re-established not only the wonder and creativity in the SW universe but also the broad daftness of it all,which is why I think Lucas has reportedly liked the film.

User avatar
Posts: 18698
Joined: June 2012
Location: Caladan
Hux basically became a caricature in this. Gleeson overacts once again. The only thing interesting about him is his position. I did really like that he intended to shoot Kylo and I think such thinking will get him killed in IX.

User avatar
Posts: 487
Joined: December 2017
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gleeson has certainly hammed it up in these past 2 films.And personally dont mind that.
I wouldn't put it past his character surviving the eventual big explosive climax of this trilogy though.
The film more often than not did remind me of a saturday morning kids cartoon.And I'm ok with that.

User avatar
Posts: 9845
Joined: October 2011
Location: Foot of Mt. Belzoni
Nomis wrote:
Hux basically became a caricature in this. Gleeson overacts once again. The only thing interesting about him is his position. I did really like that he intended to shoot Kylo and I think such thinking will get him killed in IX.
He was already a caricature. Now he's a funny one.

"What. Happened." is brilliant :lol:

User avatar
Posts: 5212
Joined: January 2012
Yeah I can't believe people were truly scared by Hux in TFA :wtf:

He was a boring caricature and by far the best character rescue by Rian alongside Poe

User avatar
Posts: 18698
Joined: June 2012
Location: Caladan
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Nomis wrote:
Hux basically became a caricature in this. Gleeson overacts once again. The only thing interesting about him is his position. I did really like that he intended to shoot Kylo and I think such thinking will get him killed in IX.
He was already a caricature. Now he's a funny one.

"What. Happened." is brilliant :lol:
lol him being a comic relief as well is not helping me

I hope they get rid off him asap

Posts: 3323
Joined: June 2010
Lol have you guys seen it’s second weekend performance? What a box office bomb.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55403
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
Sure it’s underperforming. Jumanji is overperforming. The movie itself is breaking new ground and TFA hype was way too high for obvious reasons. But it’s undeperforming on its way to 1.2-1.4 billion, possibly more.

A bomb?! :lol: Would be a nice clickbait article.

Posts: 3323
Joined: June 2010
m4st4 wrote:Sure it’s underperforming. Jumanji is overperforming. The movie itself is breaking new ground and TFA hype was way too high for obvious reasons. But it’s undeperforming on its way to 1.2-1.4 billion, possibly more.

A bomb?! :lol: Would be a nice clickbait article.
I’m always curious as what can be considered a bomb though. Sure it can make a good profit, but the profit potential for these films is ridiculous to where this might be underperforming by half a billion dollars when it’s all said and done.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55403
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
You’re the one who said it’s bombing. Sure, profit potential is always the sky with Star Wars, but for a forward thinking product this is more than solid.

Post Reply