Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
My bad, I thought the film will open in US tonight.£

:lol: :lol: be creepy (not) and check the ips of people of interest if you're curious

Well that sucks and explains why I couldn’t get on last night after I got back. I understand why it’s divisive but I loved most of it.

Ruth wrote::lol: :lol: be creepy (not) and check the ips of people of interest if you're curious
Lol, I forgot that I can do that.£

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

The film did exactly what I hoped it would; it subverted all my expectations. In many ways, it has some of the best and yet most controversial moments in the entire saga. People are going to be fighting about this film for generations to comes.

Empire’s greatest achievement was redefining the force and deepening the emotional complexity. This film does the same thing but in so many surprising ways. It does sone radical things with the force, which people will either love or hate.

As the credits rolled, I found myself feeling the way I did after TDKR; it’s the most ambitious film in the series and has the most to process. Johnson doesn’t play it safe, which is perfect after the safest film in the franchise. The biggest issue I have with the film is how dissonant the tone is at times due to the humor. It’s reminiscent of Marvel comedy, which occasionally rubs the tension of a given moment. All the fan disappointment is understandable, but I could see myself loving this film more with each viewing.

Now watch Abrams and Kennedy try to backpedal due to all the backlash.

8/10

Will anyone take the time to explain to me what's going on with this film? I'll be seeing it in 6 hours. A few days ago I was aware of really intriguing reviews which hyped me quite a bit, then NF went down (and I didn't research this on my own out of fear of spoilers) and now there's this backlash suddenly and the movie has barely premiered?? Lol?

You’ll see.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on it when you come back.

It seems it is being divisive among the audiences, it is kind of love it or hate it movie.

Or maybe it is due to the fact the biggest haters of star wars are star wars fans.
Last edited by Biribiri on December 15th, 2017, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

The backlash makes sense after seeing it.

people want what they want

give them something better and they get all whiny about it for some reason

Virgo, put me in for a 9/10