Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Caekzor wrote:I
am the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. :o
That theory needs to die horribly.
I hope so.

Deadline - Carrie Fisher Death: ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ Had Already Wrapped With Leia Taking Larger Role
[Fisher] had already completed the next feature in the franchise, Star Wars: Episode VIII, a source close to the production told Deadline. It was expected the actress would return for Star Wars: Episode IX, but that won’t be shooting for about a year. For Episode VIII, Leia had a larger role, we’re told, [...] How Lucasfilm will deal with the loss of one of the most beloved female characters in any franchise is not known, however, and the company is remaining mum.
http://deadline.com/2016/12/carrie-fish ... 201876118/

To pay your respects and thoughts and memories:

Nolan Fans - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

important to note that in TFA's novelization and screenplay, in that sequence Rey is experiencing the seductive pull of the dark side

and I think that particular footage in the gif captures that feeling in a way that adds to the drama of the scene in a way that subtly indicates ^

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:Image
this made my day

It's rather neat.

I've gotta say I'm way more on board with clone rather than reincarnation. Reincarnation is just plain wrong because the point of ROTJ is that he transcends and escapes samsara or whatever.

Mind you given how they treated Leia in TFA one wonders if they've seen ROTJ

Basically if Rey is a machination of Palps I'M BACK ON BOARD BITCHES

where is your drunk tank

[quote="m4st4]Image[/quote]
Vader182 wrote:important to note that in TFA's novelization and screenplay, in that sequence Rey is experiencing the seductive pull of the dark side

and I think that particular footage in the gif captures that feeling in a way that adds to the drama of the scene in a way that subtly indicates ^

-Vader
Aw shiiiit. I bet Luke senses how susceptible she is to the dark side, then refuses to train her or something lame.

@Armand Palpatine clone? heh?
EDIT: The only reason I mentioned clone in the other thread is because
Rey looks so much like Shmi yo. And since that's the only dna/genome in Ani*, a clone of Ani would result in another Shmi.

*Yes, I refer to Anakin as Ani. deal with it.

Q: In the novelisation, there’s one point where a voice from the Dark side whispers to Rey, telling her to kill Kylo Ren. Was that voice ever in the film?

Maryann Brandon, editor: No, I don’t think so. Maybe a conflict in her head. In the novelisation they have a lot more leeway with what can happen.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 95606.html

They even told the editor to be a pussy about it. Still love the scene.