Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't think this has anything to do with rewrites, and has more to do with how much money The Force Awakens made over the holidays with minimal competition. Also, Guardians of the Galaxy is also opening in May 2017, which would have been audience cannibalization.

Force Awakens was still being partially rewritten throughout filming, it's an issue of doing the best possible job, not a lack of direction. FA bought a lot of goodwill and trust, and they can cash in with it here.

Also Star Wars vs Avatar at the box office.

-Vader

Good news, make me want more instead of releasing Star Wars like it's Christmas every six months.

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
I've heard from several sources the rewrites are positive, based on audience reaction to the new characters. People loved them.

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
So strongly. And Lucasfilm was surprised at how well they were received, according to several sources.
:roll:

Allstar wrote:
Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
I've heard from several sources the rewrites are positive, based on audience reaction to the new characters. People loved them.

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
So strongly. And Lucasfilm was surprised at how well they were received, according to several sources.
:roll:
Why?

Vader182 wrote:Also Star Wars vs Avatar at the box office.
Ha, at this point the AVATAR sequels will never get made.
Last edited by Jedisunscreen on January 20th, 2016, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar don't be silly, do you want to learn more about new characters? I do. I care about Rey, Finn and Poe more than I care about... who exactly? Time machine's broken. Also, do you really think it's pandering to the masses? It's a little bit of everything, but most important aspect is, of course, that shiny December money.

Jedisunscreen wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Also Star Wars vs Avatar at the box office.
Ha, at this point the AVATAR sequels will never get made.
I think we all already knew Cameron wasn't going to make the December 2017 date. Perhaps if they were already shooting, but they still aren't.

m4st4 wrote:Allstar don't be silly, do you want to learn more about new characters? I do. I care about Rey, Finn and Poe more than I care about... who exactly? Time machine's broken. Also, do you really think it's pandering to the masses? It's a little bit of everything, but most important aspect is, of course, that shiny December money.
I was highly looking forward to Johnson's new characters tbh.

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Allstar don't be silly, do you want to learn more about new characters? I do. I care about Rey, Finn and Poe more than I care about... who exactly? Time machine's broken. Also, do you really think it's pandering to the masses? It's a little bit of everything, but most important aspect is, of course, that shiny December money.
I was highly looking forward to Johnson's new characters tbh.
You're making a lot of assumptions from very little information.

-Vader