Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In other news, water is wet etc.

Gleeson is confirmed to return.

Allstar wrote:Gleeson is confirmed to return.
I preferred the leaked version of his character. Much more ruthless.

Allstar wrote:Gleeson is confirmed to return.
yay gleesons nazi speech was amazing

Panapaok wrote:John Boyega Claims Next ‘Star Wars’ Film Will Be Darker In Tone
While John Boyega’s role as Finn in The Force Awakens offered no great shortage when it came to physicality, the 23-year-old actor claims that he will have even more to do when Episode VIII rolls around in 2017. The film won’t release until May 26 of next year, but Boyega is already preparing himself for his return to one of the biggest franchises in cinematic history.

“[The script is] great. Much darker, but we’re very excited… My part in the next film will be much more physical so I might be in the gym a bit more.”

It’s hard to imagine how Finn’s role could possibly get more physical. He’s already taken part in two lightsaber battles, an impressive feat for a character who is currently not confirmed to be Force-sensitive. The film left his future somewhat in the balance, but it would appear as if he is going to be making a strong return. As for the darkness of the sequel’s tone, this may be a reference to the completion of Kylo Ren’s training. There has certainly been no shortage of rumors regarding the identity of Kylo Ren’s master, Supreme Leader Snoke. If the next film is to be even darker, Snoke and the First Order may command an even larger role in the film’s events.

We’ll find out for certain next summer. In the meantime, we can look forward to the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on December 16.
It's pretty much guaranteed in a trilogy that the second fill will be the darkest and end on some big cliff hanger. There are a few exeptions you could point out but it usually goes that way. I don't have any problem with it.

The Hollywood Reporter - 'Star Wars': J.J. Abrams Knows Who Rey's Parents Are
J.J. Abrams knows the answer to the secret of Rey's parentage.

The Star Wars director, appearing at TCA to promote his and Cameron Crowe's TV show Roadies, talked about the mysterious heroine, saying, "I know quite a bit."

He continued: "Obviously it’s not for me to talk about in this moment because this is Rian’s story to continue now. The last thing I’m going to do is reveal something that he would be upset about. I want to make sure that Rian gets the courtesy that he showed me."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ows-855239

See also: Entertainment Tonight - EXCLUSIVE: Colin Trevorrow Says Rey's Origin Story Will Be 'Profoundly Satisfying'

MagnarTheGreat wrote:The Hollywood Reporter - 'Star Wars': J.J. Abrams Knows Who Rey's Parents Are

J.J. Abrams knows the answer to the secret of Rey's parentage.

The Star Wars director, appearing at TCA to promote his and Cameron Crowe's TV show Roadies, talked about the mysterious heroine, saying, "I know quite a bit."
Holy smokes.
MagnarTheGreat wrote:Entertainment Tonight - EXCLUSIVE: Colin Trevorrow Says Rey's Origin Story Will Be 'Profoundly Satisfying'
Killer scoop, ET.

Breaking News EXCLUSIVE - Star Wars: Episode VIII will be a sequel to The Force Awakens
:o :clap:

Cilogy wrote:
Breaking News EXCLUSIVE - Star Wars: Episode VIII will be a sequel to The Force Awakens
:o :clap: