Your last disappointment?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Paul was great. Actually, IMO its the best film ive seen so far this yr & that is saying something.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

This year has started terribly so that's not saying much.

My last disappointment?: CHEE

thenextnolan wrote:Paul was great. Actually, IMO its the best film ive seen so far this yr & that is saying something.
Nah, I wouldn't say that. I forgot what rating I gave it, I think it was a 6.5. Funny movie, it was what I was expecting, and it was free.
RomanM wrote:This year has started terribly so that's not saying much.

My last disappointment?: CHEE
:batface:

:cry:

thenextnolan wrote:Paul was great. Actually, IMO its the best film ive seen so far this yr & that is saying something.
What other great films have you seen this year? :?

Star Trek, (Awful) Avatar, (Terrible) Inglourious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, Fanatastic Mr. Fox (although, that one was a while ago)

Vasticity wrote:Star Trek, (Awful) Avatar, (Terrible) Inglourious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, Fanatastic Mr. Fox (although, that one was a while ago)
I love all those films minus Hurt Locker (still good, though), but most of them I can understand.

What could you have possibly disliked about Basterds?

Vader182 wrote:
Vasticity wrote:Star Trek, (Awful) Avatar, (Terrible) Inglourious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, Fanatastic Mr. Fox (although, that one was a while ago)
I love all those films minus Hurt Locker (still good, though), but most of them I can understand.

I didn't like absolutely despise it like with Avatar, it was a good movie, but some of the scenes just dragged on forever, it felt like, and then whatever suspense they were trying to capture in that scene just fades.

And chee, what is your avatar/sig because I keep seeing it everywhere

Vasticity wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

I didn't like absolutely despise it like with Avatar, it was a good movie, but some of the scenes just dragged on forever, it felt like, and then whatever suspense they were trying to capture in that scene just fades.

And chee, what is your avatar/sig because I keep seeing it everywhere

Vader182 wrote:

How self indulgent it was. ;)

RomanM wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

How self indulgent it was. ;)
Heh, It's Tarantino's Taraninto-i-est (that is now a word) picture, and for that, I adore it. It just depends on if you enjoy all of his..quirks or not, I suppose.

However self indulgent it was, it's my favorite of his, and I only really thought one or two relatively minor scenes dragged on.