Demolition (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sysmatic wrote:
Can't wait. Wild was one of my favorite films of last year and this looks interesting.

Looks like a really neat character study. I just hope the quirky feel of the trailer won't be off-putting to the general audience.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Sysmatic wrote:
Can't wait. Wild was one of my favorite films of last year and this looks interesting.

Allstar wrote:
Dodd wrote:Jake is reason enough to get me in the cinema. Dude is on fire.
You're aware Southpaw got middling reaction and Everest currently is as well right?
He said Jake was on fire, which has nothing to do with the quality of the film. No matter what you think of the movie, Jake was great in Southpaw. He's on a roll.

I liked Southpaw, didn't love it. Everest looks dumb but ill see it anyway. Gyllenhaal is killing it in everything. I actually like the tone of this trailer (Demolition), and once again Jake will probably deliver.

shauner111 wrote:Everest looks dumb but ill see it anyway.
B-but... all those stupid people, climbing a mountain... for what?

To die. Cuz they're....literally dying every minute cuz it's so cold!

Showbiz 411 @showbiz411
Demolition Is A Home run. Jake Gyllenhaal could win the Oscar. Phenomenal film by Jean Marc vallee. A plus

Leora Heilbronn @leoraheilbronn
I can see why critics didn't, but I kinda really liked Demolition. Rabbit Hole meets St. Vincent. Soundtrack great, of course. #TIFF15

JoBlo.com @joblocom
Hate to say it but I really didn't care for #Demolition - oh well. Review to follow tomorrow.

Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider
I don't think I've ever seen a movie like DEMOLITION. It defies easy categorization and is the work of an incredibly assured director.

Kyle Buchanan @kylebuchanan
DEMOLITION: Jean-Marc Vallee's sensitive, elliptical direction in service of... a very screwball, David O Russell-y script? Hmm. #TIFF15

Luke Bilyk @lukebilyk1
Jake gyllenhall never ceases to amaze me with his movie choices and his performances! Demolition was Incredible | @TIFF_NET

Jordan Hoffman @jhoffman
For those that like GARDEN STATE & SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, enjoy DEMOLITION. I'll be here rolling my eyes. #TIFF15

Scott Feinberg @ScottFeinberg
Jake G=mesmerizing even in a completely off the wall pic like DEMOLITION which would weird out Almodovar! Nice NIGHTCRAWLER companion piece.

Benjamin Lee @benfraserlee
Demolition felt like a remake of a foreign film that lost all meaning in translation. Gyllenhaal & Watts have zero chemistry #TIFF15

Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider
DEMOLITION felt like a 70s movie, the kind of intimate character study Hollywood rarely makes these days. It felt... special.

Christopher Rosen @chrisjrosen
"Demolition" is the best David O. Russell movie of 2016 #TIFF15

SquadGoals @DDDevaLuv
Jake just won me over. Demolition Bizarre in a good way. Phenomenal film by Jean Marc vallee. #TIFF15

Steven Zeitchik ‏@ZeitchikLAT 5m5 minutes ago
Demolition finds Vallee and Gyllenhaal at their best. Like a funnier, more therapeutic Falling Down, with a sprinkling of Hal Ashby #tiff

Adam B. Vary ‏@adambvary 45s45 seconds ago
DEMOLITION was a charming, shaggy dog meditation on how weird grief can be, until it got so shaggy that it couldn't see where it was going.

David Poland ‏@DavidPoland 1m1 minute ago
If Jake Gyllenhaal wants an Oscar nod for 2015, Fox Searchlight pushing out Demolition this year is his best shot. Or wait for Nov ‘16.

Jake just can't lose

Dodd wrote:Jake just can't lose
Actual reviews are not good-

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/demolit ... demolition

Wasn't crazy about the trailer. Still looking forward to it myself, loved Wild and quite liked Buyers Club (though the script seems to be most people's complaints).

Allstar wrote:
Dodd wrote:Jake just can't lose
Actual reviews are not good-

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/demolit ... demolition

Wasn't crazy about the trailer. Still looking forward to it myself, loved Wild and quite liked Buyers Club (though the script seems to be most people's complaints).
He is getting big praise for his performance though. Even critics who didn't like the movie are saying Jake was great.